Easy Homemade Candle Crafts.
When it comes to homemade gifts, there are few things as nice and useful as a beautiful scented candle! Who doesn’t love to burn candles? Since it’s so easy to make your own candles, I have so many candles now that you could say I have quite a “collection”! Besides being given as a gift, they can also be used in your decor to create beautiful centerpieces or vignettes. A few days ago I was looking for more inspiration for a future candle project and I found these 20 Beautiful DIY Candle Tutorials that I can’t wait to share with you. Best of all, these projects are very easy and inexpensive to make (especially if you make more than just one candle)!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
Check out the DIY candle tutorials below and start making some homemade candles for your family and friends. Remember that candles are very easy to customize. You can change out scents and coloring as well as how you decorate the jar.
20 DIY Candle Tutorials
I am so excited for you to try your hand at candle making. Even if you’re an old pro, I am sure there are so many projects you are going to be happy about. Before you jump in and get started there are a few things to consider when making candles.
- There are many kinds of wax. Be sure to read over the directions of the candles you are wanting to make. They will usually instruct you on which kind of wax you need. There are TONS of options for wax and each one has something different to offer.
- Sizes can vary. It’s easy to make a variety of the same candles in several different sizes. You will be amazed by all the items you can make a candle in. So when you get started, think about how big you want your candles to be when picking out your project.
- Don’t forget the wick. One of the most important parts of candle making is having a proper wick. Imagine going through the process of making candles only to figure out you forgot about the wick!
- Follow the directions. This may seem like a no brainer, but each project has its own set of directions. It’s vital that you follow those directions precisely so you can have the best candles possible. When you’re more of a candle-making pro, then you can go “off book” a little, but until then, follow the instructions as closely as possible.
- Apple Scented Candles with Sprinkles from A Cultivated Nest
- DIY Pumpkin Spice Soy Candle from A Cultivated Nest
- DIY Chai Candles In Canning Jars from Hello Glow
- DIY Homemade Candles (with Natural Lavender-rosemary Scent) from Live Simply
- Layered Scent DIY Holiday Candles from Hello Glow
- DIY Copper Candle from The Merrythought
- 10 Minute Gift Idea: Easy DIY Soy Candles + Printable Labels from Happiness is Homemade
- DIY Summer Floating Citronella Candle from Passion for Savings
Give candle making a try if your go to gift is usually some sort of tasty food. Food isn’t a great gift for everyone, and a homemade candle may just be the perfect thing!
You might also be interested in: 10 Beautiful Ways To Wrap With Brown Paper