20 DIY Thanksgiving Place Cards.
Can you believe how close Thanksgiving is? Where did the year go? I love decorating the table for Thanksgiving dinner and think that little details, like place cards, can add an extra special touch! For some great ideas for place cards you can make at home, check out these 20 Easy DIY Ideas for Thanksgiving Place Cards!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
Here are some easy and affordable ideas for making your Thanksgiving table more festive!
20 DIY Thanksgiving Place Card Ideas
When you are decorating for Thanksgiving it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. It’s a lovely time of year to be thankful for everything in your life. Here are a few tips to have your Thanksgiving table gorgeous for the big event.
- Add charm with a table runner – Place a festive table runner to your décor. It will get the dining table all ready for dinner.
- Use a centerpiece – Don’t be afraid to make or buy a pre-made centerpiece. They add so much style and grace to your décor.
- Set the table before guests arrive – It will look so inviting when your guests arrive. Add dinner plates, place cards, and silverware.
- Use cloth or paper napkins – I love the look and feel of cloth napkins and I have a feeling you will too. If you don’t have any, you can also use some nice paper ones (I recommend looking for linen-feel paper napkins).
1. Word Search Place Card
This personalized word search place card by My So-Called Crafty Life is so adorable!
2. Free Printable Watercolor Thanksgiving Place Cards
These gorgeous watercolor Thanksgiving place cards from Sustain My Craft Habit are available as free printables!
3. DIY Turkey Feather Place Cards
These DIY turkey feather place cards are easy to make and look wonderful! Head on over to Almost Makes Perfect for the tutorial!
4. Candy Corn Place Cards
These candy corn place cards by Sweet Metel Moments are so cute and will make everyone smile when they see them.
5. Turkey Place Cards
The kids can help make these easy handprint turkey place cards from Pichea Place.
6. Easy Printable Place Cards
These free printable place cards by Home Cooking Memories are so simple and look great too.
7. Mini Mayflower Place Cards
Here’s a fun one for kids! A mini Mayflower filled with treats as a place card from The Crafting Chicks (they give you the sail as a download).
8. Clothespin Place Card
Repurpose a clothespin to make this clever place card from Centsational Style.
9. 3D Pumpkins
Make these unique free printable 3D pumpkin place cards from Party Planning Center.
10. Turkey Clothespin Place Card Holders
These adorable turkey clothespin place card holders by Hey Let’s Make Stuff would look lovely on any table!
11. I Am Thankful Place Cards
Sarah Hearts’ DIY clipboard I Am Thankful Place Cards will be a great keepsake for families and a way to discuss all your family is thankful for.
12. Happy Thanksgiving Place Card
How welcoming do you feel with the simplicity of this beautiful Happy Thanksgiving Place Card from A Pumpkin & A Princess?
13. Fall Place Cards
Home. Work brings us Fall Place Cards and delivers the endearing feel of nature in one small bundle.
14. Stylish & Simple Thanksgiving Table Setting
A Blissful Nest offers us a Stylish & Simple Thanksgiving Table Setting which is an adorable mini pitcher with pinecones that could be used as a place card.
15. Plexiglass calligraphy place cards
Plexiglass calligraphy place cards from Homey Oh My would be great for any holiday place setting, and easily made for those who have an artistic hand.
16. Thanksgiving Placeholders
Would you have guessed the Thanksgiving Placeholders were made out of paint swatches? This inventive idea can be found at Saved By Love Creations.
17. Rosemary Wreath Place Card
320 Sycamore gives us a Rosemary Wreath Place Card that I adore because of its stunning simplicity!
18. Pumpkin Quilling Place Card
The Pumpkin Quilling Place Card brings an extra touch of creativity as well as charm to the table. Instructions and the pattern will be found at Confessions Of An Overworked Mom.
19. Thanksgiving Bread Loaf Place Cards
Merrythought created mini loaves and incorporated them into terrific Thanksgiving Bread Loaf Place Cards for each of their guests.
20. DIY Thanksgiving Photo Place Cards
The sweet idea of DIY Thanksgiving Photo Place Cards by The Polka Dot Chair adds a personal touch and your guests will know they are important to you.
Do you use place cards at Thanksgiving dinner?
You may also like: Gorgeous Thanksgiving Candle Centerpiece Ideas