I don’t know about you guys, but to me, summertime is citrus time! There’s something about the bright colors and fresh scent of citrus fruits that reminds me of bright sunshine, warm days, and outdoor fun! Usually I get my citrus fill with things like delicious homemade lemonade. But this year, I wanted something a little extra. So I put together this easy (and refreshing) Tangerine Sugar Body Scrub!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
My bottle of tangerine essential oil calls it a “cheering” oil, and I believe it! Who couldn’t feel brighter and happier around the delicious scent of tangerine! Combine it with exfoliating sugar and moisturizing oil, and you’ve got the perfect DIY summer body scrub.
Tangerine Sugar Body Scrub
Yields 1 1/2 cups of body scrub
1. Add all of the ingredients into a small mixing bowl. Mix well to blend the sugar and oils together. You may want to adjust the consistency of the scrub to your liking – you can add additional coconut oil if it’s too dry and add more sugar if it’s too wet.
2. Transfer to an airtight container and store up to 3 months.
RELATED: Want more DIY sugar scrubs?
Check out our DIY Sugar Scrubs eBook! It contains 18 budget-friendly and all-natural sugar scrub recipes that will revitalize your skin (and that make great gifts) in one convenient place!
How to Use
1. In the shower, wet skin and apply the tangerine sugar body scrub generously.
2. Massage the scrub into your skin in a circular motion. Enjoy the light, crisp, energizing scent of tangerine as the sugar exfoliates and the coconut oil moisturizes your skin.
3. Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
4. Apply your favorite body lotion or cream (I like to use my DIY coconut lime whipped body butter).
What’s your favorite summer scent?
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information, and thanks for supporting this site!
You might also be interested in: