The temperatures have really been heating up over here and it’s not even the first official day of summer yet! If it continues to get hotter (as it always does), then I know I’m going to need some cold drinks to help me make it through the season. This summer drink recipe is easy to make and alcohol free, so it’s family friendly! Here’s how to make a delicious Refreshing Cucumber Lime Smoothie!
This is such a delicious, light summer smoothie! It would be perfect to take to the beach or on a picnic to help keep everyone cool. Just pour it in a thermos or insulated water bottle with a handful of ice cubes to keep it cold.
If you prefer to make your cucumber lime smoothie refined sugar free, you can use honey instead of sugar. I like adding honey to drinks like this because it imparts a little bit of that rich honey flavor, along with the necessary sweetness. And since you’re going to mix it up in a blender, you don’t have to worry about stirring enough to make the honey dissolve!
I used lime wedges to garnish my cucumber lime smoothie glasses with a bit of green. But mint leaves would also be a nice touch! If you’re not growing any in your herb garden this year, you can usually find small packets of fresh herb leaves in your grocery store’s produce section. My local store usually has them near the mushrooms.
Refreshing Cucumber Lime Smoothie
1. Place all ingredients in a smoothie-style blender and puree until smooth.
2. Taste and adjust as needed.
3. Serve with a wedge of lime or sprig of mint.
4. Enjoy cold.
Do you have a favorite summer drink?
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup sugar or honey
- Up to 2 cups water or ice, optional
- Lime wedge or small handful of mint, optional for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a smoothie-style blender and puree until smooth.
- Taste and adjust as needed.
- Serve with a wedge of lime or sprig of mint.
- Enjoy cold.
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information, and thanks for supporting this site!
You might also be interested in: