While just a few weeks ago we were having freezing temperatures, now we’re getting some warm-ish days between all the cold ones. Which means soon it’ll be time to put the hot chocolate down and start making some cold drinks! Since Valentine’s Day is less than a month away, I wanted to come up with a tasty Valentine’s drink. But this yummy cocktail could also make a refreshing spring drink if you just leave the Valentine’s candy out! Here’s how to make this beautiful and delicious Pomegranate and Strawberry Cocktail!
For the pomegranate seeds in this recipe, you can either buy a pomegranate and remove the seeds yourself, or see if your grocery store already has a little package of fresh pomegranate seeds (usually in the produce section).
While I used a cocktail shaker to mix this drink, you technically don’t need one. Any container with a tight fitting lid (like a Mason jar or water bottle) could work, but an actual cocktail shaker makes creating the drink easier. And while you could serve this cocktail in any glass, I’d suggest a short cocktail glass (such as a lowball glass, rocks glass, or Old Fashioned glass).
If you’re making this pomegranate and strawberry cocktail for Valentine’s Day, you can use any small Valentine’s heart-shaped candies for your garnish. Just don’t get any candies that are rock hard or too large as they could create choking hazards. Smaller candies, ideally that dissolve after a while, are a better choice.
Pomegranate and Strawberry Cocktail
Makes 1 drink
1 oz strawberry syrup
1 1/2 oz Svedka strawberry lemonade vodka
3 1/2 oz mead
Valentine’s candies (optional)
Martini pick (optional)
1. In a cocktail shaker add strawberry syrup, Svedka strawberry lemonade vodka, mead, and ice.
2. Secure the lid of the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
3. Strain into a serving glass, and garnish with strawberries and pomegranate seeds. If you have a martini pick, consider skewering a strawberry on one.
4. If you’re making this for Valentine’s Day, add some Valentine’s candy.
5. Serve and enjoy! And of course, drink responsibly, and never drink and drive!
Do you often make your own cocktails?
- 1 oz strawberry syrup
- 1½ oz Svedka strawberry lemonade vodka
- 3½ oz mead
- Fresh strawberries
- Pomegranate seeds
- Valentine's candies (optional)
- Martini pick (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker add strawberry syrup, Svedka strawberry lemonade vodka, mead, and ice.
- Secure the lid of the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a serving glass, and garnish with strawberries and pomegranate seeds. If you have a martini pick, consider skewering a strawberry on one.
- If you're making this for Valentine's Day, add some Valentine's candy.
- Serve and enjoy! And of course, drink responsibly, and never drink and drive!
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
You might also be interested in: