Here’s a really ridiculously easy brownie mix that you can make at home instead of buying a boxed brownie mix. You can buy brownie mix really cheaply when it’s on sale but at least in a homemade version you know what’s in your mix and you can easily customize it to your taste!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
With the holidays right around the corner, this would also make a great gift that you can dress up with a cute tag/label & ribbon. Include some add-ins like chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, nuts, crushed peppermints or crushed cookies to really take it up a notch!
Homemade Brownie Mix –
1 C. sugar
½ C. flour
1/3 C. cocoa powder
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. baking powder
*Mix makes 1 pan of brownies.
To Gift: 16oz Ball Jar
Combine all ingredients well and store in an airtight container until ready to use.
To Make Brownies (write this on a tag or label if giving as a gift):
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×9 baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Combine the homemade brownie mix with 2 eggs, ½ C. vegetable oil and 1 tsp. of vanilla.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Insert a toothpick around 20 minutes and if it comes out clean, the brownies are done. Don’t over cook if you want moist brownies!
My favorite way to have brownies is hot out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! What’s yours?
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.Print
Nesting Skills – Homemade Brownie Mix
- Category: Dessert
Ridiculously easy homemade brownie mix: Never buy boxed brownie mix again! Not just frugal but better for you since it eliminates all those crazy unknown ingredients. Makes a great gift too!
- 1 C. sugar
- ½ C. flour
- 1/3 C. cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- To Make Brownies (write this on a tag or label if giving as a gift)
- #1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×9 baking dish with non-stiock spray.
- #2. Combine the homemade brownie mix with 2 eggs, ½ C. vegetable oil and 1 tsp. of vanilla.
- #3. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Insert a toothpick around 20 minutes and if it comes out clean, the brownies are done. Don’t over cook if you want moist brownies!
You may also like these recipes from the Nesting Skills Series:
Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix & Cream of….Mix
I just pinned the recipe to my YUM! board. I love to make brownies.
Terri Steffes says
These sound delish! I think they will make a wonderful neighbor gift this holiday!
Just wanted you to know, although I don’t always leave a comment, I always read your posts! You have the one blog that I check in with as often as I can! Love your posts!
Manuela Williams says
Awww thank you Terri! I’m so happy to know that!
Yum! I could eat this whole plate within seconds…
Brenda Nuland says
Just printed this out! It is SO going in Christmas gift baskets this year.
Very easy print out recipe, thank you. Congratulations on selling your home, that was quick! Looking forward to seeing how you “nest” in your rental home.