It’s the holiday season! That means it’s time to start thinking about holiday gifts. Of course you could always buy presents, but homemade gifts appear more thoughtful (and are more inexpensive)! Food gifts tend to be particularly popular, but if they’re pre-made there’s always the danger that they’ll dry out before you can give them to the recipient. You don’t have to worry about that with this M&M Mason Jar Cookie Mix Recipe! This pretty looking gift is ready for your gift recipient to mix up whenever they want a fresh batch of yummy cookies!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
This Mason jar cookie mix recipe is the perfect gift when you don’t know what to give someone. After all, everyone loves food, and most people like cookies! Even if the recipient doesn’t like cookies, they’re sure to appreciate the pretty Mason jar and Christmas ornament!
M&M Mason Jar Cookie Mix Recipe
Cookie Mix Ingredients:
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup M&M’s
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup sugar
Cookie Mix Layering Instructions:
In a pint size Mason jar, layer the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, M&M’s, brown sugar and sugar, packing each layer tightly.
A red Mason jar lid
Patterned ribbon to match M&M’s
Rustic ornament (you can find wooden ornaments at the big box craft stores or on Amazon (affiliate link) Assorted Wood Ornaments)
Glue gun if needed
1. Replace the original lid with the red lid.
2. Take the ribbon and wrap around the top of the jar before cutting. You will want your ribbon to be 5 inches on each side after wrapping it around the lid.
3. Tie a knot with the ribbon.
4. Attach the card first by securing it to the ribbon.
5. Add the ornament to the ribbon.
6. Secure both pieces by tying a knot with the ribbon
7. Begin to create your bow. Use your scissors to trim the excess ribbon. You want your ribbon to touch the bottom of the Mason jar.
Recipe Directions to Include on Card:
1. Empty jar of cookie mix into a mixing bowl, mix well.
2. Add 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted, 1 egg, and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Mix well.
3. Roll dough into 1-inch balls, and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.
5. Cool on cookie sheet for five minutes, then place on wire racks.
Makes 1 dozen cookies
This M&M Mason jar cookie mix would make a lovely gift!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup M&M’s
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Empty jar of cookie mix into a mixing bowl, mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted, 1 egg, and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Mix well.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for five minutes, then place on wire racks.
Don’t miss a post! Get this blog delivered by email every time I post. Subscribe via email here
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
You may also be interested in: