Small Kitchen Organization Hacks.
We will be moving into a kitchen that’s smaller than the one we currently have if we go with the house I showed you (which I’m 99% sure about). I’m not quite sure how I’m going to set things up and where I’ll put everything but I thought I’d share these handy 10 Ideas For Organizing a Small Kitchen that I found!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
Moving is such a great opportunity to not only get rid of stuff but to start out more organized! I’m really looking forward to that! And kitchen organization usually isn’t too difficult, even when the kitchen already has food, plates, etc. in the cupboards. All you need are some clever organization solutions, like the ideas below!
10 Ideas for Organizing a Small Kitchen
You aren’t alone in having a small kitchen. So many of us can relate. But don’t worry! There are plenty of things you can do to give yourself more space. Take a look at these tips:
- Get rid of stuff you don’t use or need. Have extra pots, pans, dishes, or even outdated food? Get rid of it! You can donate the items, have a yard sale, or give it to a friend in need.
- Lazy Susan’s are a must! If you have large corner cabinets, add in some lazy Susans. They will give you some added organization and can hold a lot too.
- Keep similar items together. This may seem like a no-brainer, but so many people don’t do this. Keep all of your canned goods, glasses, plates, spices, and other items together. Everything takes up less space when it’s well organized and similar in size.
1. Pull Out Rolling Rack
People get really creative when it comes to organizing a small kitchen! Make a narrow rolling rack for that wasted space next to the fridge, like this one by DIY Passion.
2. Inner Door Spice + Utensil Organizer
3. Burner Cover Working Surface
4. Backsplash Baskets
Using your backsplash area is a great way to keep your counters free, like in this organized kitchen from No. 29 Design (it looks like this post has since moved. If you know where the post’s new link is, let us know). You can find very similar wire baskets on Amazon.
5. Cabinet Pegboard Organizer
This is a great way to organize a small kitchen that doesn’t have many drawers. Check out the adorable pegboard organization from Inspired by Charm.
6. Sink Cutting Board
Organizing a small kitchen requires making use of all available space. Get a cutting board that goes over part of your sink for more counter space, like in this kitchen from Sweet Verbena. I know Ikea sells one but I’ve seen some at TJMaxx as well.
7. Wine Rack
Utilize wall space by adding a DIY wine rack as Shanty 2 Chic did! Plus, it looks gorgeous too.
8. Metal Storage Bins
If you have the wall space or a spot inside of your pantry, add some hanging wall storage bins as Ashley Hackshaw did. Great for snacks and other small items.
9. Side of Fridge Spice Organizer
There are so many clever kitchen storage ideas out there! Utilize the side of your refrigerator with narrow plastic storage baskets like in this example from Instructables. I’ve seen these little baskets at dollar stores.
10. Cabinet Hooks
Two Twenty One got creative and saved space by adding hanging hooks to existing cabinets. This will allow you to use the space much more efficiently.
I hope you got some ideas for making the most of your small kitchen!
What tips do you have that make the most of your kitchen?
You might also like: 11 Laundry Room Organization Ideas