I love candy turtles! I used to always just buy them in the store, not knowing how easy it was to make them at home. And it’s very easy! You just need a few inexpensive ingredients and less than 30 minutes to make your own delicious turtles! Once you make your own Homemade Chocolate Caramel Turtles you’ll never want to buy the commercial version again!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
These make wonderful homemade food gifts! Put them in treat cups and treat bags to give your gift of homemade chocolate caramel turtles a professional touch! A ribbon to tie off the bag is a nice addition, but you can also just use regular twist ties. Along with being great gifts, these are wonderful additions to party grab bags!
Homemade Chocolate Caramel Turtles
Milk chocolate chips
1. Melt your caramel bites and chocolate chips in two separate microwave safe bowls on medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until caramel and chocolate are both melted (caramel will melt faster). Stir every 30 seconds.
4. Use a clean measuring spoon to scoop a little melted chocolate on top of the caramel.
5. Let your caramel and chocolate harden by placing the turtles in the fridge for about 15 minutes. Then enjoy!
If you’re giving these homemade chocolate caramel turtles as a gift, remember to keep them in a cool location. If you leave them in a hot car, the chocolate and caramel will start to melt again.Print
These chocolate caramel turtles are so yummy, and very easy to make!
- Milk chocolate chips
- Caramel bits
- 2 small bowls
- Parchment paper
- Measuring spoons
- Wilton large treat cups (optional)
- Clear plastic treat bags (optional)
- Twist ties or ribbon (optional)
- Melt your caramel bites and chocolate chips in two separate microwave safe bowls on medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until caramel and chocolate are both melted (caramel will melt faster). Stir every 30 seconds.
- Put together groups of 3 pecans.
- Using a measuring spoon scoop a little melted caramel on each group of pecans.
- Use a clean measuring spoon to scoop a little melted chocolate on top of the caramel.
- Let your caramel and chocolate harden by placing the turtles in the fridge for about 15 minutes and enjoy!
- (Optional) Place a few turtles in your treat cups, then put into a clear plastic treat bag, and tie off with a twist tie or ribbon to give these as a gift!
Don’t miss a post! Get this blog delivered by email every time I post. Subscribe via email here
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
You may also be interested in: