I love crafting with buttons (I find it very soothing for some reason). So you know I loved doing this summer button craft! This cute button craft includes a free printable that you can use as-is or you can fill the starfish in with buttons like I did. Either way, they’ll both look super cute framed and used as part of your summer decor! Here’s how to make this Easy Summer Button Starfish Craft!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
This would be a fun summer craft to do with your kids or grandkids! And remember, the starfish doesn’t have to be orange. A deep blue one would also look nice, or even a rainbow one! Be creative and have fun with your summer button craft!
Easy Summer Button Craft: Welcome Summer Starfish
1. First, go to the end of the post and print the Welcome Summer Starfish Printable on card stock. Trim it to fit your frame.
2. On a flat surface begin to glue buttons onto the starfish with a hot glue gun. Start by following the outline of the star and once complete, fill in the center.
3. I put the most ordinary, “boring” buttons in the center, because they will be covered by another layer.
4. Fill the spaces and create a second layer of buttons and adhere them with hot glue. Add a third layer until you’re satisfied with the results. The topmost layer should have your prettiest/most unique buttons!
5. Use an old toothbrush to remove the hot glue strays.
Place your summer button craft in your frame, in front of the glass (or take the glass out) and enjoy!
Click on the link below to download the free Welcome Summer Starfish Printable.
Do you love button crafts too?
You May Also Be Interested In: DIY Sweet Summer Watermelon Button Craft