It seems like it’s taking a long time, but summer is on its way! Which means its time to start thinking about fun tropical foods and drinks. And there are few drinks more tropical than a Blue Hawaii! This version is an alcohol-free mocktail, but it’s just as delicious as the traditional version- plus it’s super easy to mix up! Take a look at this refreshing Blue Hawaii Mocktail Drink Recipe and get your recipe binder ready for summer!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
This virgin mocktail drink recipe is perfect for summer get-togethers, since both the kids and adults can enjoy it! Plus, the Gatorade in it makes it extra refreshing, perfect for hot summer days full of active fun!
Traditionally, Blue Hawaii drinks are served in hurricane glasses. But any tall glass will do. I suggest adding a garnish to your Blue Hawaii mocktail, like a maraschino cherry, or adding a fun colored straw or drink umbrella to make your drink even more special! I particularly like these cute combo straws on Amazon. They’re umbrellas, flowers, and other tropical things merged with pretty colored straws!
Blue Hawaii Mocktail Drink Recipe
1. Fill two glasses with ice.
2. Pour 1/2 cup of blue Gatorade into each cup.
3. Carefully pour 1/2 cup limeade over the ice in each cup. Y can use a spoon to reduce the impact of the limeade on the Gatorade and slow the drink’s mixing process.
4. Finally, top each Blue Hawaii mocktail with 1/2 cup of pineapple juice and your chosen garnishes.
5. Serve and enjoy immediately.
Don’t let the name of this drink fool you! A properly mixed Blue Hawaii drink can actually look pretty green (due to the yellow of the pineapple juice). But regardless of the final color, this is one refreshing summer drink!
Do you have a favorite summer drink?
- 1 cup blue Gatorade
- 1 cup limeade
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- Lots of ice
- 2 maraschino cherries (optional- garnish)
- 2 pineapple slices (optional- garnish)
- Fill two glasses with ice.
- Pour 1/2 cup of blue Gatorade into each cup.
- Carefully pour 1/2 cup limeade over the ice in each cup. Y can use a spoon to reduce the impact of the limeade on the Gatorade and slow the drink’s mixing process.
- Finally, top each Blue Hawaii mocktail with 1/2 cup of pineapple juice and your chosen garnishes.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
You might also be interested in: 10 Refreshing Flavored Ice Tea Recipes