Pesto makes everything taste better (like bacon 🙂 ). It really adds a flavor boost to just about any recipe! This pesto chicken salad is SO yummy and VERY easy to make! I included a recipe for homemade pesto (also super easy) but you can use store bought pesto to make it even quicker. This is a great recipe for using up leftover chicken (or turkey) in the fridge or you can use a rotisserie chicken from the store. You can serve it on the bread of your choice or simply serve over a salad for a lighter meal.
Pesto Chicken Salad
Dairy Free Pesto Ingredients:
- 2 C. shredded chicken (you can use the beater attachment on your Kitchen Aid to easily shred chicken)
- 1/4 C. mayonnaise (you could also substitute plain Greek yogurt for the mayo to lighten the recipe up)
- 1/8 C. green onions, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- baby spinach leaves and tomatos, for serving (optional)
- bread, croissant, pita pockets or rolls of your choice
- *Makes 2 servings.
- Combine the basil, garlic and pine nuts in a blender or food processor. Pulse until blended. Keep your blender or food processor on and add the olive oil until smooth. Store in the fridge in an airtight container up to 2 days.
- In a bowl, combine the 2 cups of shredded chicken, mayonnaise and green onions and pesto. Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.