- 2 C. shredded chicken (you can use the beater attachment on your Kitchen Aid to easily shred chicken)
- 1/4 C. mayonnaise (you could also substitute plain Greek yogurt for the mayo to lighten the recipe up)
- 1/8 C. green onions, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- baby spinach leaves and tomatos, for serving (optional)
- bread, croissant, pita pockets or rolls of your choice
- *Makes 2 servings.
- Combine the basil, garlic and pine nuts in a blender or food processor. Pulse until blended. Keep your blender or food processor on and add the olive oil until smooth. Store in the fridge in an airtight container up to 2 days.
- In a bowl, combine the 2 cups of shredded chicken, mayonnaise and green onions and pesto. Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste.