Exfoliating DIY Sugar Scrub Cubes with a Key Lime Scent
Summer can be hard on skin. Between the drying effects of the sun and pool chlorine, the beautiful skin you started the summer with may be completely gone by this point! Before winter starts and has a chance to dry and damage your skin further, scrub it back into beautiful health with a sugar scrub square. They’re really easy to make at home! Here is how to make DIY Sugar Scrub Cubes- Key Lime!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
Your skin will look amazing after you use these exfoliating DIY sugar scrub cubes!
DIY Sugar Scrub Cubes- Key Lime
Yields: 12-15 DIY sugar scrub cubes
1/2 cup coconut oil (or a different kind of oil, if you prefer)
2 Tablespoons natural soap – shredded (I used Ivory soap)
2 Tablespoons shea butter – chopped
2-3 drops lime green soap colorant (optional)
15-18 drops lime essential oil
1 cup granulated white sugar
12-15 count silicone cube mold or ice tray
Tip: Gather all of your materials before you start making your DIY sugar scrub cubes. Once you get started, you’ll want to keep the process moving so the soap and shea butter don’t firm up again before you’re ready.
1. Add the coconut oil, natural soap, and shea butter to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir and continue to microwave at 50% power in 10 second increments until completely melted.
2. Remove from microwave and stir the soap mixture a few times. Allow to cool for 1 minute.
3. Add the green soap colorant and stir until your preferred shade of green is achieved.
4. Add the granulated sugar and mix well to incorporate.
5. Add the lime essential oil and stir to distribute.
6. Transfer to your favorite cubed silicone mold or ice tray, filling up to the top. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours to allow to harden.
7. Gently pop out the key lime DIY sugar scrub bars from their molds and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
How to Use
1. In the shower or bath, rub your exfoliating homemade sugar scrub cube on your wet skin. The sugar will help exfoliate and the coconut oil will moisturize your skin. Enjoy the energizing and uplifting aroma of key lime!
2. Rinse well and pat dry with a towel.
3. Apply your favorite moisturizer to your skin. My coconut lime DIY body butter would work well!
Homemade sugar scrub cubes are very beneficial for your skin! One of the most obvious benefits of sugar scrub cubes is that they help scrub away dull, dead skin, leaving behind healthy skin. The shea butter and coconut oil in this recipe also help to moisturize that newly reveled skin and make it shine. The lime essential oil in these DIY sugar scrub bars also has many beneficial properties. It helps to prevent signs of aging, like wrinkles and age spots. It also has astringent, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties that can help to control acne and make your skin look toned and beautiful. With so many great properites, and such a short prep time, there’s no reason not to make these key lime DIY sugar scrub cubes!
These homemade sugar scrub bars also make great DIY gifts! For gifting, put them in a pretty Mason jar, and add a tag, bow, or ribbon.
Do you often use homemade sugar scrubs?
You might also be interested in: DIY Passion Tea Sugar Scrub