Fall is probably the perfect time for crafting. The colors are inspiring, the cooler temperatures are energizing, and the overall feeling of change just leads to decorating and fluffing the nest! And while the thought of that can be overwhelming and expensive, you can usually pack a big punch with just a smallish craft or home decor project, like any of these amazing 15 DIY Fall Dollar Store Home Decor Projects that we’ve collected for you! These are a great way to decorate on a dime!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
From some really simple spray painting projects to some really fun wreaths, there are lots of ideas for you to add a little autumn warmth to your table, front door, or porch!
15 DIY Fall Dollar Store Home Decor Projects
1. This really easy and stunning DIY Dollar Store Fall Wreath by Saved by Love Creations uses assorted floral leaf packs, a garland wreath and some various centerpiece décor and a glue gun to create this lovely harvest wreath.
2. The DIY Fall Tree by I Heart Naptime is perhaps one of the easiest fall crafts you’ll find, and yes, that’s candy at the base of the tree.
3. I just love these DIY Yarn Pumpkins by One Little Project! What a fun project, and dollar store yarn is not to be overlooked!
4. These DIY Dollar Store Bandana Pumpkins by Sadie Seasongoods are so easy to make and would look gorgeous on any porch or mantle. Plus they would easily transition into Halloween decor.
5. This Fall DIY Napkin Rings using Raffia by Mod Podge Rocks is brilliant. Talk about getting the most bang for your buck, this craft makes the most out of the dollar store items, and will add style to your table over the next few holiday meals.
6. This gorgeous DIY Dollar Store Leaf Topiary by The Kim Six Fix is super easy to make. Don’t the colors of those Dollar Tree leaves look like real fall leaves!
7. These Glitter Glam Pumpkins by the Thinking Closet are everything pumpkin décor should be, including amazing DIY pedestals.
8. Dollar Store Floral Wire Pumpkins by Mad In Crafts are smart, cute and just what your fall décor needs. Definitely an out of the box idea that makes you think “why didn’t I think of that?”
9. These Chalk Paint Dollar Store Leaves by the Painted Hinge are really fun! Using glue and paint, again on those dollar store leaves, creates a ‘crackled’ look on the leaves which makes them perfect to add to your wreaths, garlands, and centerpieces. Great for if you’re doing a more neutral fall decor.
RELATED: 15 Dollar Store Pumpkin Crafts
10. The transformation of these Painted Dollar Store Pumpkins by Hip2Save was something I would have never thought possible. A stunning way to add fall to your tablescape for not a lot of money.
11. And as usual, I like to include something that would work as a great gift idea, and this Floral Monogram Wreath by the Country Chic Cottage would make wonderful gifts to home owners, parents, and teachers.
12. This DIY Autumn Burlap Wreath by Nemcsok Farms can also be personalized and is really fun to make. The dollar stores have an amazing array of ribbon that you can use for this project, and the initial can be found in the craft section.
13. Another easy fall decorating project is to make this Dollar Store DIY Placemat Pillow by My Coupon Expert. Super easy to make and it’s no sew!
14. This Dollar Store Bowl Makeover by the Craft Patch is such a simple way to take a cheap dollar store dish and turn it into something classic and stylish.
15. Here’s our Frugal Fall Wreath! What a easy DIY fall dollar store home decor project! Starting with a burlap charger, some dollar store flowers and ribbon, and ta-da! Fall décor is literally at your door.
RELATED: 10 Pretty Fall Mason Jar Crafts
Some Tips on Dollar Store Fall Crafting
Let me say that if you’re going to paint it anyway, you can pretty much always start with a dollar store item, such as plastic pumpkins, seasonal figurines, plates and bowls, etc. Also, you can usually find any kind of embellishment imaginable at the dollar store. They have wreath forms, ribbon, twine, jars, candlesticks, lots of great looking fall flowers and more. Sometimes you need to be a little creative and maybe think outside of the box, but be sure to check the craft, stationary, and seasonal departments. There are often treasures to be found throughout. And one last thing, don’t overlook the premade decorations. These can often be dissembled, and broken down into the perfect pieces for your creations!
Hope you enjoy these budget decorating ideas and happy fall crafting!
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information, and thanks for supporting this site!