16 Tasty Homemade Dairy Products.
If you head to the dairy section of your grocery store, you will see how expensive those products can be, especially if you like to buy all-natural or organic. Well, you all know that I love to do two things… cook and save money! So, I decided it was time to scour the internet for some easy ways to save on dairy products. Here are the top 16 Delicious Homemade Dairy Products that I found!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a lot of experience making dairy products. They are pretty easy, and I think you’ll be surprised that you don’t need a ton of experience.
16 Delicious Homemade Dairy Products
Making homemade dairy products is not only cheaper in many cases, but it also tastes better too! There a few supplies that are a good idea to keep on hand for these dairy recipes.
- Stand Mixer – It’s great for whipping and stirring ingredients together. A stand mixer helps give the products a creamy texture.
- Cheesecloth – If you plan to make ricotta or other cheese recipes, cheesecloth is a must-have. It’s very inexpensive, so you can buy a lot and keep it on hand for your homemade dairy products.
- Glass Jars – To store the cheese, butter, and other recipes, it’s helpful to have various sizes of glass jars.
- Thermometer – It’s a great idea to use a reliable dairy/milk thermometer when making cheese or other dairy products. You will have much better luck than if you just guess the temperature.
- Measuring Cups – This may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s vital to have a variety of measuring cups and measuring spoons because you are going to need them.
- Colander – Depending on what you are making, a colander may be very useful. It’s important to use metal, enamel, or plastic. Stay away from anything that is aluminum, or it could react and mess up the recipe.
- Homemade Cream Cheese from Bake Me Some Sugar
- Sous Vide Yogurt from Crave The Good
- Cheddar Cheese from Practical Self Reliance
- Queso Fresco from M.A. Kitchen
- Homemade Whipped Cream from Shugary Sweets
- Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk from Berly’s Kitchen
- DIY Butter from Crayons & Cravings
- Farmers Cheese from Natasha’s Kitchen
- Traditional Cultured Ghee from Culinary Shades
- Homemade Buttermilk from Shugary Sweets
- Ricotta Cheese from In The Kitch
- Instant Pot Cottage Cheese from This Old Gal
- Homemade Sour Cream from Preppy Kitchen
- Creme Fraiche from Little Home In The Making
- Homemade Mozzarella Cheese from The Prairie Homestead
- Homemade Boursin Cheese from The Cookie Rookie
Have you ever made your own homemade dairy products before?
You might also be interested in: 20 Drool-Worthy Homemade Salad Dressings