20 Summer Projects Using Pool Noodles.
When summertime hits, there is no shortage of sunny days and pool parties. One of the most creative summer items I have seen used as a craft supply is pool noodles. It is mind-blowing how many things can be made with them! Check out these 20 Fun Summer Pool Noodle DIY Ideas to add some entertainment to your summer.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
Besides the fact that pool noodles are a blast to play with in the water, they are also useful and inexpensive too. I’m so excited to be sharing these ideas with you today. Don’t forget to include the kids before you get started. They will also enjoy helping!
20 Fun Summer Pool Noodle DIY Ideas
Repurposing pool noodles is about to become even more fun when you see this list of ideas! I wanted to share a few tips for when you are working on your pool noodle crafts:
- When cutting them, it’s best to use something sharp like an X-Acto knife, serrated knife, or even a kitchen knife. Scissors may also work, though it may be harder to get a clean cut.
- If you need to connect pool noodles together, you can use duct tape. You can find TONS of colorful patterned duct tape too. They also make pool noodle connectors that you can purchase that are helpful too. It’s also okay to use Mod Podge too.
- When using any kind of heat near the pool noodles, keep in mind they can melt easily. Using a hot glue gun is fine, but be sure to do it fast, so the noodle doesn’t melt.
- If you’re tempted to paint them, be sure to use acrylic paint, so it doesn’t deteriorate the foam.
- Pool Noodle Race Track from Ramblings From Utopia
- DIY Pool Noodle Wreath from Words on Wheels
- Water Wall from Teaching Mama
- Ultimate Pool Noodle Sprinkler from Ziggity Zoom Family
- Rocket Flinger from Frugal Fun For Boys and Girls
- DIY Kiddie Car Wash from Mom Endeavors
- DIY Toss Game from While He Was Napping
- Water Blasters From Mom Endeavors
- Swimming Pool Noodle Ponies from Mrs. King Rocks
- Pirate Raft from Felt Magnet
- Pool Noodle Planes from Frugal Fun 4 Boys and Girls
- Marble Run Water Slide from Mama.Papa.Bubba.
- Pool Noodle Telescope from Repeat Crafter Me
- DIY Pool Float from Angie Holden
- Pool Noodle Racquet Ball Game from Ziggity Zoom Family
- Flip Flop Pool Noodle Wreath from Fox Hollow Cottage
- Pool Noodle Luminaries For Summer from Create Craft Love
- DIY Pool Noodle Sprinkler from Capturing Parenthood
- Giant Pencil from Crafty Biggers
- DIY Pool Noodle Lawn Golf from Surviving A Teacher’s Salary
What summer pool noodle DIY are you most excited to make?
You might also be interested in: 10 Inexpensive Summer Outdoor Activities for Kids