20 Delicious Game Watch Party Recipes.
Good food is a major part of any sports game day! Whether you’re watching the game at home or tailgating, you need something delicious to snack on! But the best game day food isn’t just delicious, it’s also easy to make! To give you some ideas of what appetizers you could make for the next big game, check out these 20 Creative and Easy to Make Game Day Appetizer Ideas!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
If you’re part of a game day gathering, but aren’t really that into sports, having a good game day appetizer (or several appetizers!) is even more important! Tasty snacks and appetizers have helped me get through more game watching parties than I can count. I may not always be that interested in the sport, but I’m always interested in the food!
20 Creative and Easy Game Day Appetizer Ideas
If you want to serve several appetizers and dishes during your game day gathering, it can be hard to keep all of that food warm in regular serving dishes. I’ve found that chafing dishes are a big help, and all you need are a few Sterno cans for fuel! Here are some more tips for making your game day party a success.
- Delegate – Don’t do it all yourself. If you are hosting guests, ask them to provide cold appetizers and drinks so you can focus on the hot appetizers.
- Create Zones – Hot foods will need special attention so create hot and cold zones in your serving area. Make use of ice chilled trays and platters and small slow cookers to keep food at the perfect temperature.
- Level Up – Adding cake stands and trivets will create different levels on the table and make it look more visually appealing.
- Grab It – Don’t forget to provide a way for your guest to grab their food. Tongs and picks are great options. It’s also fun to put out mini silverware and a selection of fun straws. It is a party after all!
- Mac and Cheese Bites from Chef in Training
- Mini Football Shaped Burgers from Hungry Happenings
- Beef And Cheese Nachos With Chorizo Sausage from Jo Cooks
- Mini Pizza Muffin Tin Appetizers from A Cultivated Nest
- Pizza Bites With Only 5 Ingredients from Food Faith Fitness
- Football Rice Krispie Treats from That’s What Che Said
- Baked Crispy Chicken Strips from A Head of Thyme
- Parmesan Tortellini Bites from Budget Savvy Diva
- Sweet Chili Baked Chicken Wings from Inspired Taste
- Baked Calamari from Kirbie’s Cravings
- Everything Bagel Pigs in Blankets from Smart Savvy Living
- Buffalo Pickle Chips from Whitney Bond
- Grilled Shrimp With Cranberry Salsa from Cooking on the Front Burner
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Damn Delicious
- Quick and Easy Mini Pizza Appetizers Recipe from Everyday Dishes
- Cheesy Crab Bites from iriemade
- Spinach Dip Bites from Lil’ Luna
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Sriracha Salmon Meatballs from F5 Method
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Cheeseball from Spiced
Which game day appetizer do you want to try first?
You might also be interested in: 21 Crowd-Pleasing Dip Recipes