Are you hard boiling a lot of eggs to decorate for Easter? When Easter is over, don’t throw them out! Inside their painted shells are delicious hard boiled eggs just waiting to be used in delicious recipes! A great use for your leftover Easter eggs is in this Cream Cheese and Bacon Deviled Eggs recipe!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
To be safe, don’t use dyed Easter eggs that were out of a refrigerator for more than two hours, or that got cracked during your Easter festivities. Also, only cook with dyed eggs that were colored with food-grade dyes.
If you don’t have hard boiled eggs already available to you, don’t worry, hard boiling eggs is easy! If possible, try to use older eggs that are closer to their expiration date, as that will make them easier to peel. Put your eggs in a saucepan and cover them with cool water. Don’t hard boil more eggs at a time than you can fit in one layer. Turn your burner to medium heat and wait until the water starts to boil. Then cover the pan and remove it from the heat. After letting them sit for about 12 minutes, take your eggs out of the water. You can then use them still warm, or cool them under cold water and refrigerate them for later.
Cream Cheese and Bacon Deviled Eggs
6 hard boiled eggs
3 slices of cooked bacon
4 oz cream cheese
3 tbsp mayo
1 tbsp mustard
1. Peel the eggs.
2. Split the eggs in half and remove the yolk.
3. Place yolk in stand mixer with cream cheese. Mix until creamy.
4. Mix in mayo and mustard.
5. Stir in chopped cooked bacon.
6. Place mixture into a pastry bag (or a plastic bag with a cut corner) and fill each egg with the mixture.
7. Top with paprika and extra bacon. Enjoy!
Serve immediately, or refrigerate the deviled eggs until you’re ready to eat them.
What do you like to make with leftover hard boiled eggs?Print
This yummy deviled eggs recipe is a great way to use up leftover Easter eggs!
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 3 slices of cooked bacon
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Peel the eggs.
- Split the eggs in half and remove the yolk.
- Place yolk in stand mixer with cream cheese. Mix until creamy.
- Mix in mayo and mustard.
- Stir in chopped cooked bacon.
- Place mixture into a pastry bag (or a plastic bag with a cut corner) and fill each egg with the mixture.
- Top with paprika and extra bacon. Enjoy!
This post contains an affiliate link to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
You may also be interested in: