Handmade Mugs That Make Perfect Gifts.
If you are a coffee (or tea) lover, you understand the need to always have a great mug within reach. Even if you have a favorite mug, it never hurts to have one more in the cabinet! Mugs are inexpensive and so easy to personalize, so they make fabulous gifts. If you are looking for a Mother’s Day gift, a Father’s Day gift, or need something for a friend, you are going to love these DIY Mug Gifts!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
Coffee mugs make great gifts for anyone you can think of. Even kids love having a fun mug to drink their milk from. We’ve got DIY mugs for every occasion!
And if you want to make your DIY mug gifts even more special, why not pair them with some DIY coasters for people to put their mugs on!
16 Beautiful DIY Mug Gifts
With a few simple craft supplies and a little time, it’s easy to make a special mug for anyone in your life. All you need is a little imagination and a few things to get started.
- A Cuppa Coffee – White ceramic or porcelain mugs are perfect for painting on, drawing on, and decorating for any occasion.
- Keep it Clean – Painters tape is easy to cut into shapes and mask areas where you don’t want paint. It’s also good to keep a bit of rubbing alcohol (AKA isopropyl alcohol) on hand to clean up any mistakes.
- Paint it Up – When painting on a mug, multi-surface paint or enamel paint designed for use on glass and ceramics are both great options.
- Drawing – Adding drawings to mugs is easy to do with oil-based paint pens and permanent markers.
- Go Big – If you’re really into decorating things, a vinyl cutting machine and a selection of vinyl are going to give you unlimited possibilities.
- DIY Darth Vader Mug from Julie Measures
- Marbled Nail Polish Mug from Strength & Sunshine
- Glitter Dipped Mugs from Creative Green Living
- DIY Designer Mug from Today’s Creative Life
- Motor Vehicle Mugs from DIY Candy
- But First, Coffee Mug from The Momma Diaries
- Shake Your Booty Mug from Where the Smiles Have Been
- Dishwasher Safe Galaxy Mug from The Artisan Life
- Easy Sharpie Dot Mug from Organized 31
- Heart-Shaped Monogram Mug from The Diary of a Debutante
- Enamel Camp Mugs from The Artisan Life
- Father’s Day Mug from Sustain My Craft Habit
- Hands Off Mom’s Coffee from Fun Handprint Art Blog
- Lady Bug Coffee Mug from Crafts by Amanda
- Travel Mug from Sustain My Craft Habit
- Colorful Mustache Mug from Crafts by Amanda
Which of these fun DIY mugs do you think you’ll make first?
You might also be interested in: 15 DIY Coasters That Make Great Gifts