Homemade New Year’s Décor Ideas.
New Year’s Eve is perhaps the most glamorous holiday of the year. Every holiday is something special, of course, but there is something so fancy and sophisticated about New Year’s. You just know there should be champagne, noisemakers, and glitter. Lots of glitter. Regardless of whether you’re planning a small, quiet celebration, or a party that would give the Times Square people a run for their money, you’re going to want to decorate – with at least a little bit of glitter. Here are 15 DIY New Year’s Eve Decor Ideas!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
From glitter dipped balloons, to party hats, to awesome photo backdrops to a mirror ball, there are lots of great DIY New Year’s Eve décor ideas for you to add a little sparkle, a little confetti, and a ton of party fun to your celebration.
Ringing in the New Year signals a restart. It’s time to make things fresh and new again. It’s a time to mark an end and invite a new beginning. It’s definitely a time worthy of celebration. Here are some tips to make your New Year’s Eve décor sparkle on a budget!
- Shop the dollar store. The dollar store is full of items like stemware and flatware that are ready for a makeover. Add a little paint and glitter and, voila!
- Repurpose holiday and party leftovers. Leftover décor for holiday parties, birthdays, and even weddings can be repurposed into New Year’s décor.
- Add sparkle and glam. New Year’s is all about the glitz and glitter. Add silver and gold paint and accents along with lots of glitter and you’ll be ready to party. If you want to be eco-friendly at the same time and avoid plastic, get some pretty biodegradable glitter!
15 DIY New Year’s Eve Decor Ideas
1. Pom Pom Ball
A pom pom ball by Live Craft Love would add a nice touch to a smaller kind of party. And I’m thinking you could make one really huge one, or lots and lots of smaller ones to fill up the ceiling with!
2. Decoupage Glitter Glasses
These decoupage glitter glasses by Mod Podge Rocks are just too pretty! Also, they are super easy, and you can use dollar store items to make them!
3. Confetti Balloons
I love these confetti balloons by Design Improvised – but then again, who wouldn’t?
4. Paper Foil Medallions
These paper foil medallions by Lia Griffith would look lovely on a wall, photo backdrop, or strung from the ceiling. So many ideas here, and a really great tutorial!
5. Mirror Ball
This mirror ball by The Crafted Sparrow I think is what every party needs, especially a New Year’s Eve party!
6. New Year’s Centerpiece
Make a New Year’s centerpiece, like this one by Hip2Save, for your food table, or your dinner table if you’re hosting an actual meal.
7. Confetti Party Favors
Also, I’m pretty sure these confetti party favors by A Pumpkin and a Princess, are the best things ever. I so need these in my life!
8. Glitter Dipped Balloons
And look at these glitter dipped balloons by My Sister’s Suitcase. I mean really, do I have to say more? The ones here are for a Disney themed party – but they are just so pretty, they would look amazing at your New Year’s Eve party as well!
9. Sequined Letter Garland
I love this sequined letter garland by a Beautiful Mess! It would look great behind the beverage table!
10. Champagne Tags
11. Personalized Champagne Glasses
11. These personalized champagne glasses by The Real Thing with the Caoke Family might be a bit more of a project so set some time aside if you’re going to try these – BUT – I do believe the effort will totally be worth it! I might try adding festive words to the glasses!
12. New Year’s Eve Party Favors
12. Oh my, these New Year’s party favors by Taryn Whiteaker are totally cute! And frugal and easy, which is my kind of party favor! Click over for the free printable here as well.
13. Chalkboard Party Hats
Ha ha… while party hats are not usually something I get excited about, these party hats by Tatertots and Jello are actually quite nice! Love the chalkboard DIY look of them as well. Again, I love how frugal and easy they are!
14. Photo Backdrop
This photo backdrop by Somewhat Simple is absolutely beautiful.
15. Fringe Mylar Cake Toppers
15. And these fringe mylar cake toppers by Studio DIY are so much fun! They would make any cake or cupcake New Year’s Eve party-worthy!
Happy New Year!
Do you usually make DIY decorations for New Year’s Eve? What’s your favorite thing that you’ve made so far?
Written by ACN Team Member Evelyne N. : Evelyne is the fearless, axe wielding, quirky, hardworking and incredibly funny creative genius behind Nemcsok Farms and Knits’ End. Who also has a weird fascination with soil, and wreaths.
You might also be interested in: 25 Delicious New Year’s Eve Mocktail Recipes