No matter what your income level, everyone can benefit by saving a few extra dollars this month. With the cost of living constantly growing and the holidays coming up, having enough money is a major concern for most people. Here are 10 Ways To Save $100 This Month (without a whole lot of sacrifice).
While some of these may already be implemented in your life, a few may be new to you or reminders. Remember to think outside the box with your budget and financial needs.
10 WAYS TO SAVE $100 THIS MONTH
1. This month make a no take out or no restaurant food rule.Learn to make your favorite take out/restaurant foods at home and don’t eat out or get take-out. There are tons of copycat recipes on the web for not only for dinner but also your favorite breakfast and lunch restaurants. Try copykat.com and Pinterest for recipes.
2. Cancel your landline and just use your cell phone if you can (or try to switch to the lowest plan that will work for your needs)
3. Eat From Your Pantry: Put a hold on spending until you have dwindled what you already have in your freezer and pantry. Most of us have a rather large stock of items in our pantries, yet we continue to go shopping every week as if we have to do so or not eat. Take stock of what you have in your pantry and create your menu plan around it. Purchase only fresh fruits, veggies and milk as needed.Stick with it and work through your pantry foods or freezer meals to feed your family.
4. Go Vegetarian at least one day a week. Skip the meat and save money on your grocery budget. Substitute hearty bean, lentil and vegetable dishes that are satisfying and nutrient dense at a lower cost.
5. Join a local Freecycle group or Facebook barter/swap group and see if you can find some of your wants/needs for free. Freecycle.org is a group where people in your area post things that they are willing to give a way if you come and pick up.
6. Turn Off Cable or Satellite: While many families already do without these luxuries, it may be time for you to evaluate if you truly need the services if you haven’t already done so. With Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Roku and more out there for such a low monthly cost, many families are letting go of their cable TV subscription. Some people even get tv stations with antennas! If you can’t let go completely, look at your plan and see if you can reduce the packages you currently subscribe to.
7. When you’re out and about running errands bring some water and easy to eat snacks with you so you won’t be tempted to grab something to eat while out. These little things add up!
8. Do a No Spend Weekend at least once a month. Stay home or find some free activities to do in your town.
9. Make your own cleaning supplies instead of buying them. Check out my post on 15 Great DIY Household Cleaners
10. Re-think your movie watching. If you’re going to the movies go to the show that’s discounted. In my area most shows are discounted before 6pm and there are a few theaters that have special days where the discount is even better and it’s all day anytime. Better yet, rent a movie. We’ve found that paying to stream a movie on Amazon is way cheaper (and more convenient) than all of going to the movie theater. Also, rent from your library if you have one that has a good selection.
These simple ways to save $100 this month are easy to implement in any family. Between all of these you can save anywhere from $25-$100+ easily over the course of a month. If you combine them all there is potential to save quite a bit!
Don’t let the simple things add up and blow your paycheck. Look outside the box and work hard to bring your budget back where you need it to be.
Linking to: Living Well Spending Less
You might also like: How to Get Out of Debt By Using the Snowball Method