Are you ready for spring? I certainly am! Kites are a sure sign of warm weather and you can bring the sweet look of kites indoors when you give this spring craft a try. You can make this darling cottage style hoop art with just a few inexpensive materials. It’s perfect for bringing the feelings of a spring day indoors (and it can take you through summer as well)!
You can hang it on a wall or you can prop it on your mantel or cabinet as a part of your spring/summer vignettes. Here is how you can make your own.
Spring Craft – Kite Hoop Art
Assorted paper kites ($2 a bag at Michael’s Craft store)
1. Begin by cutting a large square of fabric. The size of the square should be slightly larger than the size of the embroidery hoop.
2. Place the fabric inside of the hoop and secure it in place. Press and pull firmly so the fabric is free from wrinkles.
3. Apply a dab of glue to the back of your kites. The number of kites you use will depend on the size of hoop you are using.
4. Press the kites to the fabric and hold in place until secure.
5. OPTIONAL: Thread some ribbon through the top hardware of the loop. Tie it into a bow and use it for hanging.
As you can see, this spring craft literally just takes minutes to make and is quite frugal too.
Gather your supplies and give it a try!
You might also like: Easy Dollar Store Spring Wreath