Are you in the mood for some easy holiday crafting? If so, give this cute and inexpensive to make pipe cleaner Christmas tree ornament a try. This is #2 of my Sweet & Simple DIY Projects series.
You can make your own pipe cleaner tree ornament using a just a few simple materials, and the end result is a sweet little tree ready to hang on your real Christmas tree. This is a great craft to do with kids!
Here is how you can get started crafting your own ornament!
Pipe Cleaner Christmas Tree Ornament
Stick (about 6 inches in length is ideal)
Assorted green pipe cleaners
Ribbon for hanging
Choose the type of pipe cleaners that appeal to you for your tree. For this one, I used sparkly green one found at my craft store. You can use plain green, neon green, sparkly, or a variety of all if you like!
1. Begin by laying the stick flat on your work surface.
2. Cut your pipe cleaners in half. Begin twisting them around the stick evenly so there is an equal amount of pipe cleaner on each side of the stick.
3. Repeat the process until ¾ of the stick is covered with pipe cleaners. Leave the bottom bare so it looks like a tree trunk.
4. Take your scissors and start trimming the pipe cleaners so they taper and form a tree shape. Start at the bottom, trimming off a little more as you work your way upward.
5. Once the tree is the shape of your liking, you can add the ribbon for hanging. Just add a dab of glue to your ribbon and attach it to the backside of the tree. Just place it directly on the stick, press, and hold until secure.
Your pipe cleaner tree is now ready to be enjoyed. Hang it on your Christmas tree or anywhere you can use a little festive holiday décor.
You may like this other Sweet & Simple Project: