For me, Christmas time is craft time! Okay, it’s actually always craft time around here, but for me, Christmas crafts feel different. A lot of the time they’re smaller, and even easier to make than usual (which makes them perfect crafts to do with the kids)! It may not be December just yet, but you’re going to want to do this Christmas craft ahead of time. That’s because it’s for your Christmas tree! Here’s how to make a cute Candy Cane Mason Jar Lid Ornament!
I love to use Mason jars in my DIYs, and Mason jar lids aren’t excluded. Their lids make perfect circle forms on which you can make small, sturdy Mason jar lid ornaments! If you don’t want to leave your Mason jars lidless, you can get the lids separately at the link in the materials list below.
Candy Cane Mason Jar Lid Ornament
1. Carefully hot glue the end of your white decorative trim onto the inside of your Mason jar lid ring and begin wrapping your trim tightly all the way around. Secure the end with glue.
2. Glue the end of your red ric rac ribbon onto the inside of your rope wrapped Mason jar lid and begin wrapping your ric rac ribbon all the way around. Leave a small space in between each wrap so you can see the white rope. Secure the end with glue.
3. Fold an 8″ inch piece of your 1/2″ red ribbon into a bow and glue the center together.
4. Cut a 6″ piece of red ric rac and tie the ends into a knot to make a loop. Glue the ric rac loop to the back center of your bow.
5. Glue the center of your bow to the top center of your candy striped Mason jar lid. Then hand on your tree and enjoy!
Have you ever made a Mason jar lid ornament before?
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Thanks for supporting this site! Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
You might also be interested in: Mini Mason Jar Lid Ring Wreath