As a frugal person, I hate having to throw anything away if it’s not completely trashed. So over time, I’ve gathered quite the collection of old jeans and denim jackets! Many have holes, unfixable stains, or other issues that make them so I can’t wear them and can’t donate them. But I keep them because I figure they may be too holey to be jeans or jackets anymore, but they still have large parts of undamaged and useable denim that I could upcycle! I decided I wanted to finally do something with all that scrap denim, so I went looking for inspiration, and found some great ideas! If you want to use up some old jeans too, then you’ll like this list of 20 Thrifty Upcycled Denim Projects!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
You do need some sewing skills for several of these thrifty upcycled denim projects, but you don’t need to be a sewing expert. I only bring out the sewing kit a few times a year (and the sewing machine even less often), but I’m pretty sure I can handle these DIYs!
While there are a lot of things in this list that I’d like to make for myself, there are several that I can see making great handmade gifts for friends and family!
If you don’t have enough denim to do all the project you’d like, you don’t have to wait to wear out your next pair of jeans! Remember that you can find inexpensive jeans at Goodwill that would make great material for these thrifty upcycled denim projects!
20 Thrifty Upcycled Denim Projects
- Transform Old Jeans Into A Denim Clutch from papernstitchblog
- Easy Water Resistant Upcycled Jeans Picnic Blanket from housefulofhandmade
- Jean Hexagon Pillow from lilluna
- DIY Recycled Denim Basket from ohohblog
- Denim Coffee Sleeve from craftystaci
- Tutorial For A Great Denim Pocket Organiser from pillarboxblue
- DIY Patchy Denim Pouf from michelemademe
- Dollar Store Denim Rosette Headband Tutorial from creationsbykara
- Repurposed Denim Aprons from happyhooligans
- DIY Denim Basket from jaderbomb
- Pocket Change Denim Birthday Gift from eighteen25
- Recycle Old Jeans Into A Patchwork Jean Bowl from helloglow
- Patriotic Denim Bunting Tutorial from prettyhandygirl
- No Sew Jeans Pocket Garland from dukesandduchesses
- Denim Chevron Wreath Tutorial from u-createcrafts
- Denim Fabric Baskets Tutorial from threadingmyway
- DIY Back To School Denim Notebook from livingwellmom
- Trendy Denim Bracelet from oneartsymama
- Denim Snack Bag from pm-betweenthelines
- DIY Picnic Quilt From Old Jeans from cutesycrafts
Have you ever upcycled your old denim before?
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information, and thanks for supporting this site!
You might also be interested in: