I’m going to be doing a new series for the rest of the year featuring projects/crafts that are really easy to do called Sweet & Simple Projects. The first project is a DIY napkin ring that’s perfect for fall! It’ll add a beautiful touch to your table for the simplest of dinners or an elaborate Thanksgiving meal!
You can make one napkin ring in under 4 minutes so this is a pretty fast craft as well!
DIY Napkin Ring
wired gingham ribbon (I used red cause that’s my favorite but black or any other color would work as well)
wheat (had some from a bunch I used several years ago but easy to find at any craft store)
1.Cut burlap into 2 ½ “ by 5” strips.
2. Sew a ¼” seam all the way around to keep it from unraveling and to give it some structure.
3. Roll burlap strip overlapping ½” and sew together by hand or use a little bit of hot glue.
4. Cut 2 or 3 wheat pieces from a bunch 3 ½” inches long.
5. Cut wired ribbon 5” long and wrap around wheat, tie off.
6. Hot glue your wheat bundle securely to the burlap.
Slip ring over fabric napkins gently.
Homemade napkin rings are not only frugal but also a great way to personalize your table!
Have you ever made your own napkin rings before?
You May Also Be Interested In: