Halloween Spider Rock Craft for Kids.
As a kid, I loved doing Halloween crafts! Halloween itself is really just one evening, so doing crafts during October helped spread out the festivities and was always something I looked forward to. If you have kids that can’t wait for Halloween, then they’ll love this Rock Spider Kids Craft. It’s easy, inexpensive, and so much fun!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
While this is a great craft for kids who are old enough to use hot glue, this craft could also just be done to make some fun Halloween decor for your home! Consider laying a few of these cute DIY Halloween rock spiders on your mantel, your bookcase, or on other surfaces around your home as you get close to Halloween.
Rock Spider Kids Craft
There’s nothing scary about this cute rock spider kids craft! I made mine black, but your kids might enjoy painting their spiders many different colors and giving them fun patterns. Be creative and have fun!
Black acrylic paint
4 – black pipe cleaners
15 to 20 – googly eyes of various sizes
Hot glue gun
Hot glue sticks
Mod Podge (optional)
1. Paint the entire rock black (tip: place a bit of putty on the back of the rock to stick it to your craft surface while painting).
2. Seal with a coat of Mod Podge (optional).
3. Allow to completely dry.
4. Glue the googly eyes to the front center of the rock.
5. Cut the pipe cleaners in half.
6. Bend the pipe cleaners in half and bend each about 1″ from the end.
7. Glue four pipe cleaners on each side of the back of the rock. Then put your fun rock spider kids craft out on display!
What was your favorite part of Halloween as a kid? Did you do any fun crafts?
You might also be interested in: 20 Spooky Halloween Free Printables