If you’ve never had a praline, you’ve been missing out! Pralines are a delicious Southern candy, and are a must-buy if you’re ever in Louisiana! But if you don’t know any place where you can buy pralines, don’t worry, you can easily make your own at home! They’re actually really easy to make, which is good because you’ll eat them up quickly, they’re just so tasty! So if you’re craving something sweet, make these Quick and Easy Southern Pralines!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
Pralines really are easy to make! You don’t need a candy thermometer or even any experience making candy! Just make sure to follow the recipe closely- don’t use too much or too little butter, and make sure you’re ready to cook when you turn on the heat (measure everything ahead of time). Also, make sure you’re using a big enough pot to allow space for the mixture to boil. Lastly, remember that pralines harden as they cool, so drop them from the pot to the wax paper as soon as you turn off the heat. Otherwise you’ll have a pot full of hard praline! That’s why it’s important to follow the recipe exactly and not make too many at once.
If you put these in a pretty Mason jar or tin, they’d make wonderful gifts!
Quick and Easy Southern Pralines
2/3 C heavy whipping cream
Pinch of salt
1 ½ C roasted pecans
1 C white sugar
1 C light brown sugar
½ C butter
2 T vanilla extract
2 C powdered sugar
1. Start by placing wax paper down where the pralines will be cooling.
2. In a large sauce pan add in cream, white and brown sugar, and a pinch of salt and melt on medium heat. Stir constantly.
3. Stop stirring once it comes to a boil and then boil for 1 minute.
4. Now stir for 1 minute.
5. Remove sauce pan from heat and add in vanilla and powdered sugar.
6. Add in roasted pecans and stir until the mixture thickens up more.
If your pecans aren’t already roasted, it’s easy to roast them yourself! All you have to do is put the pecans on a cookie sheet and place them in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes. Then take them out and let them cool.Print
An easy and delicious sweet candy dessert!
- 2/3 C heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ C roasted pecans
- 1 C white sugar
- 1 C light brown sugar
- ½ C butter
- 2 T vanilla extract
- 2 C powdered sugar
- Start by placing wax paper down where the pralines will be cooling.
- In a large sauce pan add in cream, white and brown sugar, and a pinch of salt and melt on medium heat. Stir constantly.
- Stop stirring once it comes to a boil and then boil for 1 minute.
- Now stir for 1 minute.
- Remove sauce pan from heat and add in vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Add in roasted pecans and stir until the mixture thickens up more.
- Drop spoonfuls of praline mixture onto wax paper and let cool. Then enjoy your delicious homemade pralines!
You may also be interested in: