Those of you who have been following this blog for a while know that I believe strongly that all you need is some paint to revamp a piece of furniture. Other DIY ideas also help, but paint is often the first thing I go to when I want to change up my decor and don’t want to spend a lot. I’ve used a lot of different paints over the years, but one of my favorites has to be chalk paint. I just love how it looks and how it feels, and it also makes it easy to distress furniture! If you have some chalk paint and don’t know what to do with it, check out these 20 Original Ways to Decorate with Chalk Paint for inspiration!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
If you want to try one of these ways to decorate with chalk paint but don’t have any chalk paint on hand, there are a lot of brands to choose from on Amazon. Three popular brands are Renaissance Furniture Paint’s “Chalk Finish Paint”, Deco Art’s “Americana Chalky Finish Paint”, and FolkArt’s “Home Decor Chalk.” Just make sure not to confuse chalk paint with chalkboard paint. The two are not the same (though chalkboard paint can also be very fun!). You could also make your own chalky paint in any color you like!
20 Original Ways to Decorate with Chalk Paint
- Chalk Paint Milk Bottles from littleredwindow.com
- Chalk Paint Candlesticks from thehoneycombhome.com
- But First, Coffee Chalk Paint Tray from simplymadefun.com
- DIY Chalk Paint Table from iheartnaptime.net
- Painted Two-Toned Dining Room Credenza from houseologie.com
- Farmhouse Cabinet Chalky Finish from dandelionpatina.com
- DIY Chalk Painted Bottles from artsychicksrule.com
- Antique Nightstand Makeovers from tidbits-cami.com
- How To Paint And Distress Mason Jars from itallstartedwithpaint.com
- Before And After File Cabinet Makeover from thistlewoodfarms.com
- A Fun Tropical Pineapple Stenciled Table Upcycle from pillarboxblue.com
- Spring Inspired Striped Jars from thecraftedsparrow.com
- Modern Ikea Hack Shelf With Decoart Chalk Paint from damasklove.com
- Desk Makeover With Chalky Finish Paint from sisterssuitcaseblog.com
- Painted Wood Herb Planter from thecasualcraftlete.com
- Make A Striped & Painted Clay Pot Pencil Holder from bybrittanygoldwyn.com
- Tea Cart Makeover from thenavagepatch.com
- Coastal Desk Makeover from craftsbycourtney.com
- Gorgeous DIY Starfish Wall Art Decor from pastelsandmacarons.com
- Painting Our Kitchen Cabinets White from deliacreates.com
Have you ever used chalk paint before?
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information, and thanks for supporting this site!
You might also be interested in: