I’m pretty sure that most of us need to find ways to pinch those pennies for one reason or another. We either need ideas we’ve never tried before, we need to know that someone else is in the same boat, or we just need some motivation to keep it going. Maybe you’re just new to frugal living and don’t know where to start. (Here’s how to make a very simple budget) Whatever your reason is, I’m sure you’ll find lots of great frugal living tips and inspiration at my top 10 favorite frugal living websites/blogs (besides my own frugal homemaking blog 🙂 ), they are in no particular order.
Top Frugal Living Websites
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
1. Living Well Spending Less – The Adventure of Finding The Good Life On A Budget
2. The Prudent Homemaker – Brandy covers how to eat for less and build up your pantry plus lots of great recipes, gardening and frugal living advice. She also has a blog The Prudent Homemaker Blog where every week she shares her frugal accomplishments and her goals for the week. One of my favorites! (be sure to read the comments as people leave their frugal accomplishments there)
3. The Frugal Girl – Cheerfully Living on Less
4. 100 Dollars a Month – Fun frugal living blog by Mavis Butterfield. She covers growing your own food, healthy cooking, chickens, and more
5. And Then We Saved – She says “I paid off close to 24k in debt in only 15 months & it completely changed my life! I want you to have a debt-free life too so here you’ll be able to read all about: How to do a Spending Fast®, saving & making more money, DIY’s, & a lot about living awesomely with less.
6. Donna Freedman (Surviving & Thriving) – She was a writer for MSN Money and recently got layed off!
7. The Peaceful Mom – See how she lives on less than $28,000 a year, plus organizing tips, menu plans and other good info.
8. The Frugal Navy Wife – She says that she has “always been a very frugal person and learned to make an enlisted military salary work for 6 people! Now I’m sharing all my ways I save money and sharing the new ways I’m learning!”
9. Money Saving Mom – Helping You Become a Better Home Economist – I’m sure you read her already but just in case.
10. WiseBread – Living Large On A Small Budget – multiple contributors makes this site a good resource for a variety of subjects – an oldy but goody!
Here’s a bonus one that I recently discovered, The Frugalwoods.
Hope you find some fresh ideas for frugal living and motivation! Feel free to add your favorite frugal living websites in the comments.
Check out the Frugal Living Category on this blog for more Frugal Living Inspiration and also my Frugal Living/Simple Living Tips board on Pinterest
You may also like this post: Making a Budget Binder and a list of resources for free printable worksheets
Pinning this whole post for reference.
The Prudent Homemaker and Living on Less Money are two of the best. Thanks for the links, I will be sure to check the few I hadn’t heard of.
Yep, they are my two that I make sure to read weekly. The Prudent Homemaker also has a active Facebook page that you should check out if you haven’t already.
Kathleen Grace says
Believe it or not, most of these are new to me so I’m looking forward to checking them out and seeing some of those tips! Thanks for the list Manuela!
Wow! Really? Have fun reading. I just spent the morning catching up with Living on Less Money. She always inspires me to do more and to look at what little things I can do. After while you run out of big major things you can do to reduce expenses.
Oh thank you. I will be checking these out!
Richella at Imparting Grace says
Thanks so much for sharing these, Manuela! I’ve never heard of most of these sites, so I’ll be glad to check them out!
Had fun checking out all the sites! Thanks for sharing them 🙂
Brenda Kula-Pruitt says
I just found the first three on your list yesterday. In fact today I’m featuring The Prudent Homemaker on Welcome Wagon. I love these thrifty sites.
Andrea at Opulent Cottage says
I didn’t know about most of these! Thanks for posting them!
Kalyn Brooke | Creative Savings says
Some of these I haven’t heard of, so I’m excited to check them out!
Thanks so much for including my blog! I’m always honored to be on a list of favorites. 🙂
[email protected] says
Glad to see I have most of them on my list as well. 🙂 Even happier now that I have more to check out. Thanks!
Thank you for sharing “this wealth” information!
You’re quite welcome! I hope you have to chance to visit a few of those blogs.