I have been looking for some old ladders to use in my garden and my home since….forever! I think everyone else is looking for them too (since I can’t seem to find even one old rickety wooden ladder). I thought I’d share some fun ways to reuse ladders in your home.
15 Fun Ways to Reuse Ladders In Your Home
- Farmhouse Decor. We all seem to be drawn to farmhouse decor for our homes, so why not upcycle your old ladders into fun ways to display some of your favorite pieces?
- Functional Repurpose. Old ladders are something most of us have out in the garage, but were you aware they could be converted into functional shelves, plant stands, and drying racks just to mention a few ideas? Give one of these a try in your home.
- Vintage Displays. Antiques are so beautiful, interesting, and a mirror into the past. Vintage ladders are the perfect way to display the treasures and family heirlooms in your house.
Maybe you’ll be luckier than me and find a nice old ladder to upcycle!
1. Ladder Drying Rack
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
This ladder was turned into a drying rack! via Remodelaholic
Use a ladder to plant a block of herbs via The Shepherd’s House
3. Hanging Light Fixture Ladder
Isn’t this hanging ladder light fixture just gorgeous? How perfect for a patio! via Unskinny Boppy
4. Ladder Plant Stand
Add some plywood shelves to an old ladder, and you have a nice piece to display some plants on. via DIY Inspired
What a useful way to use an old ladder in your home. via Good Ideas for You
6. Step Ladder Birdbath
Here’s another cute way to upcycle a ladder in your garden via Eclectically Vintage
7. Magazine Rack Ladder
Repurpose your old ladder into a functional magazine rack for your office or study from Hometalk.
8. Flower Garden Ladder
Simple and stunning is this flower garden ladder for your front porch or deck from Gingersnap Crafts.
9. Shabby Chic Decoupage Ladder
Crafts By Amanda delivers a new and fantastic upcycle for this old ladder, decoupage ladder. Simply choose some of your favorite items to include in your project.
10. Birdhouse Ladder Display
How endearing would this birdhouse display from The North End Loft be in your garden this summer?
11. Vintage Quilt Ladder
I love quilts and actually have one of these vintage ladder quilt racks in my own home. You will find this at The Country Chic Cottage.
12. Bed Canopy/Headboard
Chipping With Charm fashioned a fabulous canopy for a girl’s bedroom, which would be easy to make more juvenile for a younger child.
13. Bathroom Ladder Towel Rack
Instead of using the same old boring towel racks, why not salvage an old ladder into a new towel rack for your home from The Craft Patch?
14. Ceiling Plant Display
Apartment Therapy delivers a way to save floor space and display your green thumb.
15. Ladder Pots and Pans Holder
Are your cabinets overflowing? Here is a stylish solution way to organize your kitchen from A Piece Of The Rainbow.
I hope you found something to inspire you on new ways to reuse ladders into your home decor.
Have a great weekend!