Fun Fall Kids Crafts Using Pinecones.
If you want some fun and frugal fall crafts to do with your kids, you should make something using pinecones! Pinecone crafts are cute, easy, and very inexpensive to make. Check out these 20 Fun Pinecone Crafts for Kids for some great fall kids craft ideas!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
If you don’t have pine trees in your yards that drop pinecones, check your local parks to pick up pinecones or purchase some at your local store. They make scented ones, but I think plain work best for these projects with your kids.
20 Fun Pinecone Crafts for Kids
Before you get started with this pinecone crafts for kids, here are some tips:
- Prepare the pinecones. If you are picking up your pinecones from outside, you need to prepare them before you craft with them. First, soak them in a vinegar and water bath. Then, bake them for a few hours. This will kill the bugs and mold and get rid of the sap.
- Seal your pinecones. Seal the pinecones with a clear sealant to help them last longer than one season. When not in use, store them in a zippered bag away from sunlight.
- Bleach your pinecones. You can pour bleach on the pinecones if you want a lighter, more weathered look.
1. Witchy Pinecone Owl from Running With Sisters
2. Pinecone Painting from Little Bins for Little Hands
3. Pinecone Sun Catcher from Little Bins for Little Hands
4. Pinecone Monsters from Hands On As We Grow
5. Fall Mobile from Red Ted Art
6. Pinecone Fairies from Red Ted Art
7. Pinecone Hedgehog Craft from Red Ted Art
8. Pinecone Turkey with Leaves from Red Ted Art
9. Pinecone Bird Feeder from Red Ted Art
10. Pinecone Turkey with Feathers from Craft Bits
11. Pinecone Splatter Painting from East TN Family Fun
12. Pinecone Owls from Meaningful Mama
13. Pinecone Spiders from Fireflies and Mudpies
14. Pinecone Bats from Fireflies and Mudpies
15. Easy Pinecone Pumpkin Craft from Fireflies and Mudpies
16. All Natural Pinecone Owl from Fireflies and Mudpies
17. Colorful Fall Pom Pom Tree from Fireflies and Mudpies
18. Felt Fox Pinecones from Lia Griffith
19. DIY Ombre Glitter Pinecones from Lia Griffith
20. Felt Pinecone Raccoon from Lia Griffith
What pinecone crafts are you going to make this fall?
You might also be interested in: 20 Fun DIY Pinecone Crafts