20 Fun Earth Day Projects for Kids.
This Earth Day, teach your kids about recycling, upcycling, and taking care of the Earth with a fun craft! There are lots of great things to learn in the spring, and Earth Day is a great opportunity to spend some time on that together with your kids. So for some fun learning opportunities, check out these 20 Fun Earth Day Kids’ Crafts!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
Not only is recyling/upcycling a great for the planet, but as an adult it can be a great way to save money too! Check out all the great upcycling posts we have on the blog for some inspiration for your home!
20 Fun Earth Day Kids’ Crafts
Earth Day DIY projects for kids don’t have to be boring, and definitely shouldn’t cost a lot. Here are some tips to help you get the most from your Earth Day crafts:
- Use what you have. This is the perfect time to use materials that are in your house! Food wrappers, old magazines, newspapers, and so much more are great materials to keep around for craft projects.
- Make something for outside. A lot of these projects focus on creating something for animals or to use outside. Using plastic containers to create something new is a great way to teach children about recycling and reusing and keeping items out of the landfills.
- Educate. Use these projects to educate your children about taking care of the Earth. Reusing, recycling, and cleaning up are all simple tasks that even the youngest of children can understand.
1.Earth Day Bird Bath from Create Craft Love
2. Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeder from The Resourceful Mama
3. Succulent Tin Can Project from Tried and True Blog
4. Earth Day Printable Badges from Tried and True Blog
5. Recycled Self Watering Planter from Tried and True Blog
6. Milk Jug Bird Feeder from Crafty Little Gnome on Home Talk
7. No Sew Stenciled Pillow from At the Picket Fence on Home Talk
8. Earth Day Seed Bombs from Our Tiny Nest on Home Talk
9. Earth Day Jewelry from Laura Kelly Designs on Home Talk
10. Earth Day Hand Craft from The Resourceful Mama
11. Paper Plate Earth Man from The Resourceful Mama
12. Recycled Items Flower Craft from The Resourceful Mama
13. Paper Plate Flowers from The Resourceful Mama
14. Planet Slime from Little Bins for Little Hands
15. Earth Paper from Little Bins for Little Hands
16. Earth Ornament from Little Bins for Little Hands
17. Plastic Bottle Terrarium from Crafting a Green World
18. Tin Can Windchime from Hands On As We Grow
19. Earth Art from Hands On As We Grow
20. DIY Herb Garden from Crafting a Green World
What fun ideas do you have planned for Earth Day?
You might also be interested in: 12 Fun Map Repurpose Projects