24 Button Craft Kid’s Activities.
Between spring break, summer break, and other school breaks, you’ll often find yourself trying to make sure your kids can stay entertained. An easy way to keep kids busy at any time of year is with crafts! I especially like button crafts because they’re inexpensive, easy, and not messy. Here are 24 Fun Button Crafts for Kids, including crafts for different seasons and holidays!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
Some of these button crafts for kids actually look so nice when finished that they may be worth framing! At the very least, they deserve a space on the fridge.
For most of these, all you need to glue the buttons is craft glue. But if you’re having trouble getting the buttons to stick, I’ve found that a hot glue gun on low heat works well. Of course, only older kids should handle a hot glue gun, for obvious reasons.
24 Fun Button Crafts for Kids
Making button crafts is so much fun for kids and can be a blast for adults too. Even if all you are doing is supervising, it’s great to see all the hard work your kiddos put into making them. If you are on the hunt for buttons here are some tips to find them for your crafts.
- Buy them in craft stores. Most craft stores have a section that has a variety of buttons. They are typically fairly inexpensive.
- Get a variety of buttons online. You can pretty much find every style and color you could ever want online (especially on Amazon).
- Save buttons when you buy clothes. Many pieces of clothing come with an extra button. Save those for projects like these adorable crafts.
- Hit up grandma’s house for old buttons. You will be amazed by how many gorgeous vintage buttons your grandma probably has.
- Don’t be afraid to keep an eye out at yard sales, thrift stores, or consignment shops. There are always people getting rid bags of old buttons they no longer want. You can usually get a lot for pretty cheap too.
Have your kids ever done a button craft?
You might also be interested in: 20 Free Printable Coloring Pages for Kids