Fun Sewing Projects for Fall.
Fall is the perfect time to get creative with your sewing projects! The weather is cooling down and the sun sets earlier, allowing you more time to be inside and creative. Sewing is a wonderful indoor activity, and can be used to make things that you need, or to create lovely gifts. If you’d like to sew something, but don’t consider yourself all that experienced, then you’ll love these 24 Fall Sewing Projects for Beginners!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
There are so many fun ideas that you can try, from coasters to pillows for festive decorations. Here are some of my favorite fall sewing projects for you to try. I’m sure you’ll create something wonderful!
24 Fall Sewing Projects for Beginners
If you’re new to sewing, the thought of what supplies to buy can be daunting. But don’t worry, this list will help you get started. To start your own fall sewing projects at home you will want to gather these supplies to get started:
- Sewing supplies- Fabric scissors, needles, thread, straight pins, pin cushion. Or save yourself time and get a sewing kit to start you off. As a bonus, a nice kit will also provide easy organization for your supplies.
- Fabric- How much fabric you’ll need depends on the project, but many fun projects can be done with fabric squares or fat quarters.
- How to Make Upcycled Acorn DIY Sweater Pillows – by Pillar Box Blue
- Applique Pumpkin Fall Tea Towel – by Orange Bettie
- How to Make Fabric Pumpkins – by Beginner Sewing Projects
- Candy Corn Softie – Crafts by Amanda
- DIY Fall Apple Banner with Wood Hanger – by Orange Bettie
- DIY Fall Pillow with Pumpkin Applique Pillow Wrap – by Orange Bettie
- Fall Pot Holder Sewing Pattern – by Sew Simple Home
- Fabric Pumpkin Pattern: to Sew the Fall– by Apple Green Cottage
- How to Make a Triangle Scarf – by Heather Handmade
- Farmhouse Fabric Fruit – by Orange Bettie
- Felt Fall Sign: Free Sewing Pattern – by Jennie Masterson
- How to Sew Simple Hand Warmers with Removable Covers – by Sum of their Stories
- Patchwork Greeting Cards Tutorial – by Muse of the Morning
- DIY Cast Iron Skillet Handle Cover – by Happiest Camper
- Fall Sewing Mug Cozy – by Life Sew Savory
- Easy Fabric Coasters – by Beginner Sewing Projects
- Easy Acorn Coasters – by The Seasoned Homemaker
- Wise Mr. Owl (Free Pattern & Tutorial)– by Muse of the Morning
- How to Sew Large Hot Pads for Casserole Dishes – by Pin Cut Sew Studio
- Vintage Retro Apron – by Mom of 5 Trying to Survive
- How to Make DIY Fabrics Mushrooms – by Pillar Box Blue
- How to Make a Reversible Table Runner for Beginners – by Happiest Camper
- Mustache Jar Cozy – by Muse of the Morning
- How to Make a Kitchen Boa Towel Scarf for Beginners – by Beginner Sewing Projects
Which of these fun fall sewing projects do you want to make first?
You might also be interested in: 20 More Easy Sewing Projects for Beginners