DIY Oven Mitts and Potholders to Sew
If you need a lovely last-minute DIY holiday gift, or just like to bake and want to make something for yourself, then you should make oven mitts or potholders! These are a kitchen staple, but that doesn’t mean you have to stick with the plain styles available at the store. Homemade potholders and oven mitts are simple to make and don’t use a lot of supplies! Here are 20 DIY Oven Mitts and Potholders to Sew!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
Check out these free patterns to make some lovely DIY oven mitts and DIY pot holders! They are great as a gift for the cook in your family.
20 DIY Oven Mitts and Potholders to Sew
If you want to make good homemade oven mitts and DIY potholders, here are some things to consider:
- Don’t choose a meltable fabric. Be sure to choose a fabric that is heat resistant. Cotton, leather, and silicone are good choices.
- Pick the best batting. The best batting for an oven mitt or potholder is one that is 100% cotton so it doesn’t melt.
- Flannel makes a great fabric. Flannel fabric can be a good choice too for homemade oven mitts and potholders too!
1. Vintage Knitted Oven Mitts from Craft Bits
2. Recycled Jean Potholders from Craft Bits
3. DIY Knit Potholders from Homey Oh My
4. Nine-Patch Potholder from Crafting a Green World
5. DIY Pot Handle Cover from Crafting a Green World
6. Fall Potholders from Sew Simple Home
7. Bowl Cozy from Sew Simple Home
8. Easy Pot Holders from Sew Simple Home
9. Round Pocketed Potholders from Polka Dot Chair
10. Dresden Potholders from Flamingo Toes
11. Hexagon Potholders from Sew Can She
12. Mini DIY Oven Mitt from Sew Can She
13. Quilted Oven Mitt from Sew Can She
14. Handmade Potholders from Sew Can She
15. Heart Potholder from A Spoon Full of Sugar Designs
16. Fiesta Potholder from A Spoon Full of Sugar Designs
17. Tomato Potholder from A Spoon Full of Sugar Designs
18. Santa & Elf Potholders from A Spoon Full of Sugar Designs
19. Skillet Handle Cover from Crazy Little Projects
20. Easy Potholders from Crazy Little Projects
What kind of sewing projects do you like to make?
You might also be interested in: 15 DIY Coasters That Make Great Gifts