The weather is definitely getting colder around here these days, especially in the morning! While I love a hot cup of coffee in the morning, nowadays I’m mixing it up and some days swapping coffee for a cup of homemade hot chocolate. I used to just open up a package of store-bought hot chocolate mix, but there aren’t that many flavors available, and homemade is healthier, anyway. That’s why homemade drinks are so good! You can make whatever flavor homemade hot cocoa you want, and you can control how much sugar goes in it, whether it has dairy, etc. Your homemade hot chocolate can be customized completely to your tastes! For some inspiration, check out these 10 Delicious Homemade Hot Chocolates!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
I’ve included hot chocolates that are good for any time of the year, and a couple that would be especially fitting around Christmastime. These are great for an early morning coffee alternative, or for a sweet treat for the kids after school. You could even make up a big batch of homemade hot cocoa, put it in a thermos, and take it to any outdoor events you’re going to during the chilly fall or winter!
10 Delicious Homemade Hot Chocolates
If you’re looking for a jarred hot chocolate mix to give as a gift, then you’ll probably like our Mason jar cocoa mix recipe! If you want something to make and drink right now, then check out all the delicious homemade hot chocolates below!
1. Toasted Marshmallow Cream Hot Chocolate by How Sweet It Is
2. Candy Bar Hot Chocolates by Favorite Family Recipes
3. Homemade Caramel Hot Chocolate by Cooking Classy
4. S’Mores Hot Chocolate by Minimalist Baker
5. Pumpkin Hot Chocolate by Home Made Zagat
6. Mint Hot Chocolate by My Fussy Eater
7. Red Velvet Hot Chocolate by Well Floured
8. Peppermint White Hot Chocolate by Cincy Shopper
9. Homemade Cinnamon Caramel Hot Chocolate by Real Life at Home
10. Gingerbread Hot Chocolate by Eat. Drink. Love.
Have you ever made hot chocolate from scratch?
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
You might also be interested in: