IKEA DIY Projects.
I don’t know about you guys, but I consider IKEA to be the best source for frugal furniture and decor! The prices are affordable, and there is so much to choose from! But your customization options don’t end when you leave the store. In fact, if you have some simple DIY skills, they may only be beginning! For a frugal way to get some new furniture and accessories that match your your home’s decor, check out these Cute and Clever IKEA Hacks!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
You don’t have to be a DIY master to do the frugal IKEA hacks below. Some don’t really require much DIY work at all. And remember- be creative! Just because a project was done with one type of IKEA furniture or accessory doesn’t mean it couldn’t translate well to a different product that you already have. Even non-IKEA products would work for many of these, if you can find similar products elsewhere. So be inspired, and have some frugal decorating fun!
Cute and Clever DIY IKEA Hacks
1. DIY Tissue Paper Covered Pots by Tell Love And Party – Get out that Mod Podge! It’s time to wrap some Mandel plant pots in colorful paper!
2. DIY Bathroom Organizer by April Go Lightly – Here’s a great way to repurpose a flatware caddy into simple organization hack.
3. Modern Ikea Malm Dresser Makeover by A Crafted Passion – If you would love a sleek modern look for your dresser and nightstand, check out this IKEA DIY transformation.
4. Ombre Chest of Drawers: Koppang Ikea Hack by Crafts On Sea – Create an ombre look in your color palette of choice with this awesome DIY IKEA hack.
5. DIY Hanging Lights Chandelier by One O – I love this modern and chic hack for lighting!
6. Splat DIY Painted Plates by Your DIY Family – Painting the underside of these IDEA plates makes them totally safe to eat off of. Adorable!
7. The Super Easy Way to Add Legs to an IKEA Kallax Shelf by Where The Smiles Have Been – Need to elevate a piece of furniture off the floor? Here’s a an easy DIY IKEA hack to help!
8. DIY Burned IKEA Cork Trivets: Cheap & Easy IKEA Hack by Where The Smiles Have Been – I love this hack! These would also make great DIY gifts.
9. DIY Scalloped Cork Placemats by Sarah Hearts – Love this look? Great! If not, this hack is so easy, just let your imagination go wild and create your own amazing cork placemat art!
10. How To Turn A Cheap Coffee Table Into An Upholstered Ottoman by A Daring Life – This is an amazing hack that turns a plain table into a plush ottoman. Oh, the possibilities!
11. DIY Faux Card Catalog AKA: Easy IKEA Dresser Hack by Love And Renovations – This IKEA DIY hack is absolutely gorgeous and is really a statement piece.
12. No-SEW IKEA Hack Amore Cushion by The Maven – Forget the needle and thread: check out this no-sew cushion hack!
13. Easy IKEA Bekvam Stool Hack By Our Home Made Easy – These amazing step stools work for for kids as well as adults. Personalize them with names or artwork!
14. Gold IKEA Ekby Shelves by Sarah Hearts – This is a beautiful DIY IKEA project to help take these shelves to the next level.
15. How To Build A Lego Table by Family Maven – This awesome DIY table will delight your kids and their friends. How much fun would it be to put this together?
16. DIY Ikea Bookcase Makeover by The J Petite – How cute is this bookcase hack using wrapping paper?!
17. Hyllis IKEA Hack: Industrial Wall Planter by Grillo – I’m loving this DIY wall planter. It’s like a garden for your wall!
18. An IKEA Hack Train Activity Table by The Crazy Craft Lady – How cute and functional is this IKEA hack? Kids will love it!
19. Toy Storage Organization by Thimble And Twig – Great use and personalization of an IKEA storage case to minimize clutter. Decorate using baskets of different textures and colors to easily incorporate into your decor.
20. DIY Cork Message Boards By Exploring Domesticity – This is a super easy IKEA hack and very customizable. It’d be useful in just about any room!
Isn’t is wonderful how easy it is to make pretty, frugal decor with IKEA products as your base?
Have you ever done an IKEA hack DIY project before? What did you make?
You might also be interested in: 20 Clever IKEA Storage Hacks