How to Make a Study Room on a Budget.
As everyone is heading back to school, this means homework will be coming our way soon, and our kids will need somewhere to do it. Having a homework station or room dedicated to study can help them stay focused. Take a look at these 16 Clever DIY Study Room Ideas to turn small areas into study rooms on a budget!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
You don’t need a spare bedroom or expansive kitchen or living room to find space for your kids’ homework area. Any home can fit a nice, focused study room/homework station with a bit of creativity!
16 Clever DIY Study Room Ideas
Wondering where you could possibly fit a DIY study room into your home? Here are some tips!
- Attic, Garage, or Kitchen. With only a few simple alterations, you will have a new area for studying. Find some unused space in your house and give it a new purpose.
- Small Spaces. Look for areas to squeeze in a small study space, like an unused corner of a bedroom or kitchen. These are perfect for your kids to focus and get their homework done.
- Budget DIY. Create workstations, by using supplies already in your home or with garage sale or thrift store items. The dollar store also likely has a lot of what you need at a good price.
1. Back to School Organizing Tips for Study Spaces… by Queen Bee Of Honey Dos
2. Organize a Tween Room and Get Rid of Clutter by H2O Bungalow
3. Dresser That Doubles As A Desk by Blesser House
4. A Bedroom Fit For A King Study Space by Funky Junk
5. How To Make A Homework Station by Anika’s DIY Life
6. Bedroom Nook by From House To Home
7. Functional homework stations for small spaces that look great by Craftionary
8. Built-In Desk by Thrifty Decor Chick
9. How To Create A DIY School Homework Station Step By Step by Organize My House.
10. DIY Ikea Desk Hack by Lovely Indeed
11. 15 Homeschool Room Ideas For Any Home by A Blissful Nest
12. How To Make An Easy Homework Helper Portable Desk by Craft Your Happiness
13. Desk Area With Wire To Hang Work by 320 Sycamore
14. Garage Attic Makeover by Not Just A Housewife
15. New Kitchen Office by Funky Junk
16. Kids Homework Station with IKEA SVALNÄS Wall Mounted Desk by Repurpose and Upgrade
Which DIY study room idea will help your child use their time more efficiently?
You might also be interested in: Tips for Putting Together an Upper-Elementary Homeschool Room