If you love the flavor of apples and cheddar cheese together for a snack you will love this recipe! These sweet and savory Apple Cheddar Muffins make a great after school snack, lunchbox addition, dinner side, or even a yummy breakfast on the run. Made with fresh apples and a hint of cinnamon they not only deliver flavor but a boost of fiber.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
You can use shredded cheese in place of the cubed cheese but the large chunks of cheese and apple add texture and bursts of flavor and moistness to each bite. So I recommend at least trying them this way at least once to get the full effect of my recipe.
2 cups of your favorite apples, roughly chopped
6 oz. cubed cheese
1 tsp. cinnamon
⅓ cup brown sugar
½ cup apple juice
½ cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 400
Makes 12 muffins
1. Cube cheese and apples and set aside
2. Sift to combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, if you dont have a sifter then just stir with a whisk-this helps incorporate dry ingredients more evenly and “fluff” them up.
3. Stir in milk and apple juice to mix well.
4. Fold in cheese and apples until just combined.
Kids and adults will love these muffins!Print
These chunky apple cheddar muffins make a great breakfast or snack!
- 2 cups of your favorite apples, rough chopped
- 6 oz. cubed cheese
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup apple juice
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 Makes 12 muffins
- Cube cheese & chop apples – set aside
- Sift to combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, if you don’t have a sifter then just stir with a whisk-this helps incorporate dry ingredients more evenly and “fluff” them up.
- Stir in milk and apple juice to mix well.
- Fold in cheese and apples until just combined.
- Scoop batter into greased muffin tin or papers to ⅔ of the way full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center