The people of the house shouldn’t be the only ones getting to enjoy yummy homemade treats! Your best furry friend is likely feeling very left out, watching you eat delicious homemade cookies and homemade brownies. Well, they don’t have to be left out any more! Whip up these delicious Homemade Chicken and Wild Rice Dog Treats and give your dog something healthy to snack on!
These homemade dog treats are a wonderful alternative to commercial dog treats! Store-bought treats often aren’t healthy, and contain questionable ingredients and preservatives. On top of that, they can be quite costly! So when you make these homemade treats, not only will you know exactly what’s in them, you’ll also save money! These make great gifts for pets and pet owners, too!
Homemade Chicken and Wild Rice Dog Treats
6 oz. chicken; cooked and shredded
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup wild rice; cooked
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp salt
Dog bone cookie cutter (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cook wild rice according to box directions.
5. Add in the chicken mixture to the flour mixture and stir until clumpy.
6. Add some flour reserve to your work surface, then place your dough on your surface and kneed until well combined, adding flour as needed.
You can store the extra treats in an air tight container on the counter for a few days, or in the fridge for 2 weeks. If you know you won’t be giving your dog the extra treats any time soon, you can put them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just make sure to let the treats thaw before giving them to your dog.
- 6 oz. chicken; cooked and shredded
- 1 egg
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup wild rice; cooked
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook wild rice according to box directions.
- Combine chicken, rice and chicken stock in a blender. Blend until well combined.
- In a bowl combine flour, egg and salt.
- Add in the chicken mixture to the flour mixture and stir until clumpy.
- Add some flour reserve to your work surface, then place your dough on your surface and kneed until well combined, adding flour as needed.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough out until ¼ inch thick.
- Cut out the treats in your desired shape and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before sharing. Then watch your dog enjoy these yummy homemade chicken and wild rice dog treats!
Don’t miss a post! Get this blog delivered by email every time I post. Subscribe via email here
This post contains an affiliate link to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
You may also be interested in: