I love Rice Krispie based treats! They’re both crunchy and gooey at the same time, and can be made into all sorts of different shapes and decorated different ways! They make great desserts for gatherings, too, because it’s easy to make a lot of them, and it’s easy to transport them! If you’re looking for a great dessert for a Halloween party, you’ve got to make these Cute Jack O’Lantern Rice Krispie Treats!
If you don’t have a lot of time, you could choose to use store-bought Rice Krispies instead. Just make sure they’re not too small for your cookie cutter. Kids would probably love to help out at the end of this recipe when you get to color the pumpkins!
Cute Jack O’Lantern Rice Krispie Treats
Homemade Rice Krispie Treats Ingredients
(2) 12 oz packages of large or mini marshmallows
1/2 C. butter (1 stick)
8 C. crisped rice cereal
Homemade Rice Krispie Treats Directions
1. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cut the stick of butter into equal parts and place in a large saucepan on low heat, allowing it to melt about 3/4 of the way.
3. Add in the 2 packages of marshmallows and turn the heat up to medium.
4. Stirring occasionally, allow the marshmallows to melt about 3/4 of the way – you don’t want them to overcook.
5. Once the marshmallows melt about 3/4 of the way, add in the rice cereal 2-3 cups at a time, mixing into the marshmallow mixture.
6. Pour the treats into the 9×13 baking dish and gently press down.
7. Allow to cool for a few hours prior to decorating.
Homemade or store-bought Rice Krispie Treats
Wilton Pumpkin Cookie Cutter – I used a large Wilton Pumpkin Comfort Grip cookie cutter
2 tubes of Wilton orange frosting
1 tube of green frosting
1 tube of Wilton Sparkly Black Gel Icing
1. Cut the Rice Krispie Treats into pumpkin shapes using your cookie cutter. This cookie cutter is large and I was able to get 6 large pumpkin from one 9×13 pan of treats. If you go with a smaller cookie cutter you could probably get double the treats.
This recipe makes 6 large pumpkin treats that are perfect for sharing!
- Homemade or store-bought Rice Krispie Treats
- Wilton Pumpkin Cookie Cutter - I used a large Wilton Pumpkin Comfort Grip cookie cutter
- 2 tubes of Wilton orange frosting
- 1 tube of green frosting
- 1 tube of Wilton Sparkly Black Gel Icing
- Cut the Rice Krispie Treats into pumpkin shapes using your cookie cutter. This cookie cutter is large and I was able to get 6 large pumpkin from one 9x13 pan of treats. If you go with a smaller cookie cutter you could probably get double the treats.
- Use the Wilton orange frosting to outline the your pumpkin and then fill in. Use a toothpick to fill in the gaps.
- Use the green frosting for the stem.
- Finish by giving each Jack-o-lantern a fun face.
- Repeat with all your pumpkins.
***This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links. Please see our Disclosure Statement for more information.
You may also be interested in: