Tomorrow is the first official day of spring! After the gray, cold winter days, it’s nice to finally start planning to put up some spring decor! If you’re tired of your old spring decorations, you don’t need to spend a fortune in the stores. Instead, why not make some cute DIY spring decor for your home? It’s easy and costs very little. To give you some ideas, here are 15 Pretty Spring DIY Projects!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
With these spring projects your home will look wonderfully seasonal, and you’ll likely have a lot of fun doing the projects! Many of these would also make great gifts for spring birthdays or holidays (like Mother’s Day)!
15 Pretty Spring DIY Projects
- Buy supplies in the off-season. I like to stock up on craft supplies as the season is ending because you can pick things up really cheap. Now, that sometimes means that you don’t get the cutest things because they are picked through, or maybe there is only one or two left but that just gives you more creative space to make it beautiful.
- Check the Dollar Store The Dollar Store has tons of fake flowers, frames, and other crafting supplies for a buck! What a great way to build a small stash!
- Think pastels and bright colors! Everyone is so tired of dreary winter weather that spring is the time to bring some fresh color into your space! Flowers, bright paints, and pastel touches are sure to make your house a little more cheery!
1. Decoupaged Terra Cotta Pots
It’d be so fun to grow some herbs or bright flowers in one of these! Place of My Taste shows how to make these decoupaged terra cotta pots!
2. Spring Paper Flower Garland
It’s amazing what you can do with just some paper! Follow Lia Griffith’s tutorial to make a pretty spring paper flower garland for your home!
3. DIY Inspiration Throw Pillows
These would make such a lovely addition to any home! And the project is practicaly no-sew! Check out Ella Claire’s easy tutorial on how to make DIY inspiration throw pillows!
4. Upcycled Painted Glass Bottle Vases
I love the look of these upcycled glass bottles! If you want a really easy spring DIY project, you have to try making Rustic Wedding Chic’s upcycled painted glass bottle vases!
5. Shabby Chic Spring Placemats
Wouldn’t it be nice to have these on your spring table? Check out Oh My! Creative’s tutorial on how to make pretty Shabby Chic spring placemats!
6. DIY Striped Vase
This is such a lovely vase! Fill one of these with nice flowers and it’d make a great gift for a family member or friend! Follow Blooming Homestead’s tutorial to make your own DIY striped vase!
7. DIY Moss Balls
Quickly add some spring to your home by adding moss! You don’t need to buy expensive commercial moss balls, either. All you need to do is follow Stone Gable’s tutorial to make your own DIY moss balls!
8. Spindle Wind Chime
Wind chimes are so much fun! String them up in your backyard or on your porch, balcony, or patio, and enjoy the pretty sounds on a nice spring day! Confessions of a Serial Do-It-Yourselfer explains how to make this adorable spindle wind chime!
9. DIY Mason Jar Flower Vase
Made To Be A Momma has simple directions to make this mason jar flower vase! I love that it hangs on the wall to leave you room on your table for other decor!
10. Tapered Tray and Pots
I love this little tray and pot set! It would be so cute with some herbs set on your window sill or some pretty flowers on a table outside! Oh My! Creative has the steps to make this fun project!
11. Spring Chalkboard Art
I love the idea of having a chalkboard in the house and Ella Claire Inspired has a free printable to help you make a great spring chalkboard!
12. Spring Wreath
Lia Griffith shows you how to make your own spring wreath! You could change the colors or flowers to fit your personality and freshen up your front door!
13. Spring Tray
Download the free SVG file and make this spring tray from Lia Griffith. I love the colors and the cute font to make a new spring tray for serving or just decoration!
14. DIY Rustic Vase
Make this cute rustic vase from Made To Be a Momma. She has simple directions and uses things she has around the house to make this new decor item.
15. Mason Jar Terrariums
I love terrariums and Oh My! Creative shows you how to make a cute one in a mason jar. Mason jar terrariums are great because you can personalize them to fit your style or make them whimsical for something fun!
You may also be interested in: