This article is part of our series, Money Saving Tips For New Moms. You can read the previous article, “10 Frugal Ways To Prepare For Baby”, here!
A new baby brings so much joy, but they also come with a high price tag, especially when it’s your first baby. Think about how much a crib, clothes, diapers, and everything else are and you’ll soon wonder how you can start saving money on these items. As a mom, I’ve learned that the little things really add up and help! I scoured the Internet for freebies that would help new moms/parents with the financial burden of having a baby. I always loved getting these little freebies when my kiddos were tiny! Check out these 10 Freebies for New Moms!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
What mom doesn’t love freebies? With how much it costs to feed and clothe a baby these days, you need all of the help you can get!
10 Freebies for New Moms
- Get a free Baby Sling from “Seven Everyday Slings.” You can use code PJBABY at checkout. Slings really come in handy when you want to have your hands free to vacuum, wash dishes, or eat!
- Get a free nursing pillow from NursingPillow.com and use code FREE4MOM. As a nursing mom, I always used my nursing pillow. My 3-year-old still sleeps with his.
- Join Enfamil to get free formula coupons and samples. These always come in handy, especially when you aren’t sure if you’ll need to supplement or buy last minute formula. Although I also nursed, I bottle fed from time to time and these samples were lifesavers.
- Free growth chart from Heinz. It’s always really cool to watch your baby grow up, and it’s even neater to be able to record their growth. We have our wall filled with pencil markings, so this would have been a better option for us!
- Get a free welcome baby box from Walmart. Walmart is one of the biggest stores in the USA, so it’s nice that they give out free stuff to new moms! I’m most excited about this freebie. Walmart has the best sample boxes!
- Free stuff from Target. Most new moms can be found at Target trying to find baby stuff. Target actually gives out awesome coupons and other freebies if you sign up! Who doesn’t love Target?
- Get free formula from Similac. Although breastfeeding is considered best, it’s nice to get free samples in the mail for those “just in case moments.” Again, it’s nice to get free formula samples.
- Safe sleeping freebies. As a new mom, it can be confusing to know which way to put your baby. That’s why these freebies for “sleeping on baby’s back” are awesome! Safe sleeping info is always welcome!
- Free books for baby. It’s a bummer that this isn’t available in every state, but check to see if you can sign up for Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library. You’ll need to check availability, but sign up here to get started.
- Freebies from Publix: Not everyone lives near a Publix, but they offer a lot of awesome freebies for new moms! I have heard nothing but good things about Publix, so if you have one close to you, take advantage of these freebies.
I hope these freebies help you out! I love finding freebies, especially as a mom. Do you have any freebies to share with the readers of A Cultivated Nest? I’m sure all of the new moms would be so appreciative!
In 2010 I graduated from Bethel College in Mishawaka, Indiana with a degree in Elementary Education. It was so hard to find a job, but I ended up working as a developmental therapist for about 9 months. I was also pregnant with our second child and I wanted to be home with my two boys. Well, fast forward 5+ years and here I am still writing. We’ve also welcomed two more children into our family. My husband and I have been married for 8.5 years, we tied the knot in 2007. My family is a huge reason why I work from home as a copywriter. I love the flexibility and everything that goes along with being self-employed. However, I also am very self-motivated and I enjoy a good challenge. If you think you’d love to work with me in 2016, I’d love to have you contact me at [email protected].
You may also be interested in: