12 Festive Patriotic Outdoor Décor Ideas.
The Fourth of July is just around the corner! If you need some new Independence Day decorations, or just like the look of Americana décor, then these DIY projects are perfect! On top of that, all of these DIYs are easy and inexpensive! Check out these 12 Cute Patriotic Outdoor Decorations!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
These cute patriotic outdoor decorations ideas will turn your ordinary yard or front porch into the festive place to be! And they’re all so easy to make!
12 Patriotic Outdoor Decorations
So now that you have decided to decorate your outdoor living space with patriotic decorations, I have a few tips to help out:
- Hit dollar stores. You will be amazed by how many great things you can pick up at dollar stores nowadays! They typically have all sorts of ribbons, flowers, and crafting materials.
- Another great place is hardware stores. You could snag a few paint stir sticks or other clearance items. You never know what kind of deals they may have, so don’t be afraid to check them out.
- Yard sales, consignment shops, and thrifts stores are great places to shop. You can often find old terra cotta planters or scrap items that can be transformed into something new. And the best part is that you can usually get things for next to nothing.
- Collect items out of season. If you go to your local craft store, you can find all sorts of great deals for out-of-season fabrics and other items. Start to build a collection throughout the year, then you will have it on hand when you want it!
1. Patriotic Cupcake Liner Wreath
Isn’t this pretty? Since the main material is cupcake liners, this wreath is quick to make and budget-friendly! Only use it of course in a covered area unless it’s just a decoration for a party. Check out the tutorial from Bullocks Buzz on how to make a pretty patriotic cupcake liner wreath!
2. DIY Painted Wood Fireworks
This patriotic DIY is great for the outdoors since it’s painted wood! Frugal Stepmom explains how she made her painted wood fireworks!
3. Paper Bag Patriotic Bunting
This is such an inventive DIY! They don’t look like they started out as paper bags, but they did! Follow Parties for Pennies’ tutorial on how to upcycle paper bags into patriotic bunting decor.
4. Red, White, and Blue Bamboo Table Runner
This would look really pretty as the table runner at a 4th of July barbeque! Bliss Bloom Blog explains how to turn a plain bamboo table runner into a patriotic flag table runner!
5. Wood Flag Wreath
I love the look of this wood pallet flag door decor! A Diamond in the Stuff explains how she took a small craft pallet and turned it into a wood pallet flag wreath!
6. DIY Patriotic Shutter
Isn’t this a great shutter upcycle DIY idea? Hoosier Homemade shows how to turn a normal old shutter into a flag shutter outdoor decoration!
7. DIY Burlap Flag Banner
Burlap is always fun to use in crafts because of its great texture! Uncommon Designs explains how she put together her DIY burlap flag banner!
8. Distressed Wood Flag
This would make a great front porch decoration! And you could make it whatever size you like! Love Sweet Love explains how she made her distressed wood flag decoration for under $5!
9. DIY Burlap Patriotic Porch Banners
These would make a great patriotic outdoor decoration if your house has pillars/columns! Follow Front Porch Ideas and More’s tutorial to make your own burlap patriotic banners!
10. DIY Painted Patriotic Flower Pot
This is a great patriotic outdoor decoration for a house of any size! These would also look really nice on a balcony or as the centerpiece on a table! Check out Lolly Jane’s tutorial on how to paint your own patriotic flower pots!
11. Denim & Burlap Lighted Garland
Add some elegance and patriotic style to your outdoor space with this denim and burlap lighted garland. Create Craft Love did an amazing job and it turned out beautiful, plus it can be used indoors or outdoors!
12. Easy Bandana Wreath
Everyone is going to rave about how adorable this easy bandana wreath is! Girl in the Garage is the mastermind behind this project and it turned perfectly. It’s very inviting and patriotic.
What outdoor decorations do you like to put up for the Fourth of July?
You may also like: Easy American Flag Rice Krispie Treats