I don’t know about you, but I always have fun with popsicle stick crafts, and my kids are the same way! Lucky for us, my daughter came across a big box of craft sticks at Goodwill the other day! They were obviously old, and probably all 1,000 of them weren’t still in the box, but there were way more than enough for us to do a bunch of fun popsicle stick crafts with! Since it’s fall, I figured, why not start off with a fall-themed craft! So here’s a Scarecrow Popsicle Stick Craft for Kids!
I think that with kids crafts, most of the fun just comes from them making something with their own two hands. I know that’s what makes DIY projects fun for me! But with this scarecrow craft, your kids could also have fun afterwards using the scarecrow as a kind of puppet! And maybe this craft will inspire them to make other fun fall characters, or to make the rest of the cast of the Wizard of Oz!
Scarecrow Popsicle Stick Craft for Kids
3 short, wide popsicle/craft sticks (jumbo/tongue depressor size)
8 traditional popsicle/craft sticks
Brown and yellow scrap paper
Brown crinkle paper
2 large googly eyes
1 piece of candy corn
Black sharpie or black paint with a skinny paint brush
Hot glue and hot glue gun
1. Lay your three short craft stick horizontally and spaced about an inch apart.
2. Hot glue your longer craft sticks vertically onto your short ones starting with one in the center and three on each side.
3. Cut out a top hat from your brown paper and a small rectangle from your yellow paper.
4. Hot glue your yellow rectangle of paper onto the brim of your hat.
5. Hot glue about nine strands of your brown crinkle paper on the bottom of your brown hat and then glue your hat onto the top of your craft sticks.
6. Glue your two googly eyes right below the hat and one piece of candy corn right below that.
7. Now draw a mouth below the nose with your black marker or paint it on with your black paint and skinny paint brush.
8. Then glue a long craft stick onto the bottom back of your scarecrow to make a place to hold.
Have fun with your craft stick scarecrow!
Do your kids like to do popsicle stick crafts?
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
You might also be interested in: