Do you have trouble motivating your kids to do their chores? No one, young or old, truly likes doing chores, but it’s important for parents to assign their children chores, and ensure they get completed. Chores teach your kids about how to take care of a home, how to manage their time, how to be responsible, and gives them a taste of what it’s like to have to do tasks for a real job. But they won’t learn any of that if they never actually do their chores! Luckily there’s one easy way to motivate kids to do chores: with a chore chart! To help you and your kids out, here are 10 Free Printable Chore Charts for Kids! This list includes charts suitable for little kids, older kids, and teens!
If you wanted, you could look into the psychology behind motivation and things like chore charts. But at the base of it all are the same psychological factors that make checking things off your grown-up to-do list so satisfying. Having a list of things left to do bothers most people, and that moment of happy accomplishment you get when checking off a task motivates you to keep checking off tasks so you can feel that way again. Of course, to check off a task you have to actually do the task! This cycle of motivation to happy achievement makes chore charts great ways to motivate kids of all ages!
If you want to connect your chore chart to some sort of payment system, either in real money or in tickets/imaginary money redeemable for fun things, that could help add to the motivation. But it’s definitely not required.
What you should ensure you do, though, is put the chore chart up somewhere where your kid can easily get to it to see what needs doing and to check it off. I’d suggest using a clip board hung on the wall, a cork bulletin board, a dry erase board (with a magnet), or a memo board to hang up these free printable chore charts for kids.
10 Free Printable Chore Charts for Kids
1. 3 Free Printable Chore Charts by Passion for Savings
2. Daily + Weekly Chore Chart for Kids by Go Grow Go
3. Printable Black and White Chore Chart by Sincerely, Sara D.
4. Printable Blank Chore Chart for Kids by McCall Manor
5. Free Printable Chore Chart for Preschoolers by Sugar Bee Crafts
6. Free Printable Colorful Chore Chart for Kids by Freebie Finding Mom
7. Free Chevron Printable Chore Chart by Live Beautifully on Less
8. Little Kid Chore Charts (Ages 2-4) by Over the Big Moon
9. Check, Check, Done Printable Chore Chart by iMom
10. Daily and Weekly Printable Chore Chart by Thirty Handmade Days
Did you have a chore chart to follow when you were a kid?
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
You might also be interested in: