January may be coming to a close, but winter is still in full force! Even we’ve already had snow, and it doesn’t usually snow here until February! One of my favorite ways to make it through these cold winter days is with something hot to drink. And what’s a better winter drink than hot cocoa? I used to buy the pre-packaged dry cocoa mixes in the store. But then I looked at the ingredient lists and saw a number of “extras” I’d rather not be drinking. So rather than drink some weird extra chemicals, I decided to make my own dry hot cocoa mix! It’s really easy to make, and tastes so good! If you’d like to make your own Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix, follow this easy recipe!
I love having some dry mixes in the pantry! They’re just so convenient! If you have several dry mixes, and you’re worried you’ll forget what’s in each one, you should consider labeling them. The label should include the name of the mix and instructions for turning the mix into a final drink or baked good. If you don’t have any other dry mixes yet, you should check out my collection of yummy recipes in a jar!
Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix
Airtight container or jar
1. Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
2. Store the mix in an airtight container, such as a Mason jar.
To use, fill your mug with hot water or hot milk. Then add 1/4 cup of your homemade hot cocoa mix, and stir until dissolved. If you like, add some marshmallows to your drink. Then enjoy your hot cocoa!
If you’d like to give your homemade hot cocoa mix as a gift, consider adding a ribbon to the top of your airtight container, and maybe even a cute gift tag!
- 5 C. dry powdered milk
- 1 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2½ C. powdered sugar
- 1 C. powdered coffee creamer, original/regular flavor
- 2 tsp. cornstarch to prevent caking
- Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Store the mix in an airtight container, such as a Mason jar.
- To use, fill your mug with hot water or hot milk. Then add ¼ cup of your homemade hot cocoa mix, and stir until dissolved. If you like, add some marshmallows to your drink.
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
You may also be interested in: