I already had chicken wire from a gardening project. So my husband just cut out the center portion of the door for me.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
I cut the chickenwire to size and stapled it to the inside (do wear gloves, for some reason I didn’t and I was very sorry for myself 🙂
I like it sooo much better! You don’t have the distraction of the center piece of wood and you can see the dishes more clearly
I also had a strip of black and white gingham left and I made a cord cover for my chandelier and I hung two of my black transferware plates over the dining room opening.
I didn’t want to mess with taking my chandelier down to put the cord cover on so I stood on my table and hand sewed it on!
I just need to figure out something to put on that blank wall next to the french doors. I rummaged around in my garage over the weekend and found a wrought iron piece I may use or I’ll just leave it blank until inspiration hits me! By the way, I got the runner on clearance for $3 at TJ Maxx marked down from $12.99! Yes, in addition to a plate problem I have a linen addiction!
I hope you enjoyed watching the process of me re-doing my dining room. I really spent very little and my family and I really love the way it looks now!
This week I’m working on my living room. I don’t usually spring clean I fall clean and I change all my light summery things out for a darker (well more red than white) cozier look.